Re: Sony a99 / a99v

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Sep 12, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 12, 4:28 pm, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:
    > The a99 is announced in two flavours, the 'v' model having a GPS
    > receiver to tag photos.  (Though there is a 3 hole "GPS" position behind
    > the accessory connection panel suggesting the GPS is an "add on" and not
    > a "built in" - need to see more on this).
    >
    > Per one site, only the 'v' model will be offered in the US (I presume
    > Canada as well).
    >
    > $2800.
    >
    > I'll stick to my a900 for now I guess (with separate GPS to record
    > locations).

    Still waiting for the sub-$2700 FF camera. Are sensor yields that bad
    for FF still? Since Sony sees no harm in releasing sensors with hot
    pixels all the time, I wouldn't have thought yields would be so bad.
    RichA, Sep 12, 2012

  2. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 12, 5:01 pm, RichA <> wrote:
    > On Sep 12, 4:28 pm, Alan Browne <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > The a99 is announced in two flavours, the 'v' model having a GPS
    > > receiver to tag photos.  (Though there is a 3 hole "GPS" position behind
    > > the accessory connection panel suggesting the GPS is an "add on" and not
    > > a "built in" - need to see more on this).

    > > Per one site, only the 'v' model will be offered in the US (I presume
    > > Canada as well).

    > > $2800.

    > > I'll stick to my a900 for now I guess (with separate GPS to record
    > > locations).

    > Still waiting for the sub-$2700 FF camera.  Are sensor yields that bad
    > for FF still?  Since Sony sees no harm in releasing sensors with hot
    > pixels all the time, I wouldn't have thought yields would be so bad.

    Waiting no more. The D600 was announced.
    RichA, Sep 14, 2012