Re: Sony a99 / a99v

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Me, Sep 12, 2012.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    On 13/09/2012 8:30 a.m., Alan Browne wrote:

    > The full frame a99 is announced in two flavours, the 'v' model having a
    > GPS receiver to tag photos. (Though there is a 3 hole "GPS" position
    > behind the accessory connection panel suggesting the GPS is an "add on"
    > and not a "built in" - need to see more on this).
    >
    > Per one site, only the 'v' model will be offered in the US (I presume
    > Canada as well).
    >
    > $2800.
    >
    > I'll stick to my a900 for now I guess (with separate GPS to record
    > locations).
    >
    > [sorry for the double post to rpd, meant to x-post to both groups]

    They sure didn't make it pretty. The microphone grills - with the
    apparently deliberate attempt to make them look like air-vents for Darth
    Vader's helmet - makes me think they did this on purpose.
    OTOH, the pursuit of pure functional design efficiency can have results
    like this:
    http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4035/4261298514_d91201ce0b_z.jpg

    Me, Sep 12, 2012