Re: Sometimes stupid loses

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Apr 19, 2011.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:18:01 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <>
    wrote:

    >"tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:26:49 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <>

    >>>Well, obviously those are your and other Democrats' views of what
    >>>Republicans in your legislature are trying to do. What are you saying is
    >>>little more than a typical Democrat campaign speech, heavily slanted to
    >>>favor your own party.

    >> I am a registered Republican and have been since 1959.

    >You sure sound like a Democrat.
    >
    >> I have not
    >> abandoned the party, it has abandoned me.

    >That's essentially Ronald Reagan's line in reverse. How did the Republican
    >party change that offended you so?

    To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
    politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
    I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
    indication that I'm a Democrat. To you, evidently, a Republican is
    one that opposes any restrictions in the way of gun control and
    opposes same-sex marriages. That's all what being a Republican is
    about. Well, those two issues and any health care reform.

    >> I vote split ticket for
    >> local elections, and straight Democrat in state elections. Federal
    >> elections depend on the candidate.

    >I vote conservative or NRA.

    So a lobbying group dictates your choice of the person in charge of
    running the country?

    >For congress or state legislature, if I don't know the candidate I wait for
    >the postcard from the NRA that gives me their ratings. For local, in most
    >cases I don't know the candidates and usually just vote Republican on the
    >assumption that they're the most likely to be conservative.

    That's as bad as the voters who check the Christian Conservative's
    list of approved candidates.

    >> A party that even *thinks* about Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, or
    >> Michelle Bachmann will never get me back.

    >Donald Trump seems so arrogant, conceited and generally off-putting it's
    >amazing to me that he's done as well as he has in the recent polls,

    He has the Tea Party support.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 19, 2011

  2. "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:18:01 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:26:49 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <>

    >>> I am a registered Republican and have been since 1959.

    >>You sure sound like a Democrat.
    >>
    >>> I have not
    >>> abandoned the party, it has abandoned me.

    >>That's essentially Ronald Reagan's line in reverse. How did the Republican
    >>party change that offended you so?

    > To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
    > politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
    > I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
    > indication that I'm a Democrat. To you, evidently, a Republican is
    > one that opposes any restrictions in the way of gun control and
    > opposes same-sex marriages. That's all what being a Republican is
    > about. Well, those two issues and any health care reform.

    You forgot to add that we Republicans are all racist, bigoted homophobes too.
    Pete Stavrakoglou, Apr 19, 2011

  3. tony cooper

    John A. Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:43:37 -0400, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
    <> wrote:

    >"tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:18:01 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"tony cooper" <> wrote in message

    >>>You sure sound like a Democrat.

    >>>That's essentially Ronald Reagan's line in reverse. How did the Republican
    >>>party change that offended you so?

    >> To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
    >> politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
    >> I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
    >> indication that I'm a Democrat. To you, evidently, a Republican is
    >> one that opposes any restrictions in the way of gun control and
    >> opposes same-sex marriages. That's all what being a Republican is
    >> about. Well, those two issues and any health care reform.

    >You forgot to add that we Republicans are all racist, bigoted homophobes too.

    They just seem to be the most vocal, and don't seem to get shouted
    down much by the non-racists, non-bigots, & non-homophobes in the
    party, so I can understand the perception. You republicans who aren't
    racist, bigoted, or homophobic need to take things in hand more, I
    think.
    John A., Apr 19, 2011
  4. tony cooper

    John A. Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:08:44 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <>
    wrote:

    >"John A." <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:43:37 -0400, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>You forgot to add that we Republicans are all racist, bigoted homophobes
    >>>too.

    >> They just seem to be the most vocal, and don't seem to get shouted
    >> down much by the non-racists, non-bigots, & non-homophobes in the
    >> party, so I can understand the perception. You republicans who aren't
    >> racist, bigoted, or homophobic need to take things in hand more, I
    >> think.

    >I think you need to take a closer look at the union thugs and yelling,
    >shrieking, howling, obscenity-shouting psychotic-looking mobs that
    >apparently are the core group of the Democrat party. See the recent videos
    >of these delightful folk in Wisconsin and Arizona -- or doesn't CNN ever
    >show you those? The ones I've seen had to have most of what they were
    >screaming bleeped out, to be shown on TV.

    They were shouting racist, bigoted, or homophobic things? I wasn't
    aware of that.

    Are you sure that wasn't some other group crashing the party to get in
    front of the cameras? Such events do tend to attract such flotsam.
    John A., Apr 19, 2011
  5. On 4/19/2011 11:45 AM, John A. wrote:

    > They were shouting racist, bigoted, or homophobic things? I wasn't
    > aware of that.

    Indeed they were! No question, no quibble. I say the segment
    he was talking about.

    They were calling white conservative people nasty racial things.
    They were calling black conservative people equally bad, if not worse.

    I didn't hear any homophobic things.

    I honestly have never heard a more concentrated collection
    of nasty things. And, even worse, some of the scenes were
    quite long by TV snippet standards. It was not just one
    nasty thing in a row, but each nasty thing in one different scene ...
    there were scenes where several different people, in succession,
    shouted nasty things, all in one single take.

    I've heard similar things, either on TV or in person, only
    from either the very far left wing types, the Westboro Baptist
    homophobes, or, much less frequently, the anti-abortionists.
    Compared to this the PETA people and the global-warmers
    are paragons of restraint.

    Doug McDonald
    Doug McDonald, Apr 19, 2011
  6. tony cooper

    John A. Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:07:42 -0500, Doug McDonald
    <> wrote:

    >On 4/19/2011 11:45 AM, John A. wrote:
    >

    >> They were shouting racist, bigoted, or homophobic things? I wasn't
    >> aware of that.
    >>

    >Indeed they were! No question, no quibble. I say the segment
    >he was talking about.
    >
    >They were calling white conservative people nasty racial things.
    >They were calling black conservative people equally bad, if not worse.

    Interesting. Can you post a link?

    John A., Apr 19, 2011
  7. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    <> wrote:

    >"tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:18:01 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"tony cooper" <> wrote in message

    >>>You sure sound like a Democrat.

    >>>That's essentially Ronald Reagan's line in reverse. How did the Republican
    >>>party change that offended you so?

    >> To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
    >> politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
    >> I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
    >> indication that I'm a Democrat. To you, evidently, a Republican is
    >> one that opposes any restrictions in the way of gun control and
    >> opposes same-sex marriages. That's all what being a Republican is
    >> about. Well, those two issues and any health care reform.

    >You forgot to add that we Republicans are all racist, bigoted homophobes too.

    I didn't forget. Almost all of my friends are Republicans, and
    there's not a racist or a bigot among them. The Republicans - and the
    Democrats - who are racist and bigoted are not my friends.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 20, 2011
  8. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:57:24 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <>
    wrote:

    >>>You sure sound like a Democrat.

    >>>That's essentially Ronald Reagan's line in reverse. How did the Republican
    >>>party change that offended you so?

    >> To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
    >> politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
    >> I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
    >> indication that I'm a Democrat.

    >No, that's just part of the mix. Your positions in general seem to be that
    >of a Democrat, and you appear to support Democrats and/or are a Democrat
    >apologist.

    I voted for Obama/Biden although neither would have been my choice of
    candidates on the ticket. It was a better ticket than McCain/Palin in
    my opinion.

    I voted for Marco Rubio, a Republican, for Senate and would support
    anyone except our other Senator, Democrat Bill Nelson. He's an empty
    suit.

    When John Mica, Republican, runs again for US Representative, I'll
    make that decision based on his opposition. I'm not impressed with
    Mica, but not so bothered that I'd vote for just anyone in opposition.

    I would have voted for Dan Webster (Republican), over Alan Grayson
    (Democrat), but that's not my district.

    I voted for Alex Sink (Democrat) for Governor and not Rick Scott (the
    Republican who was elected), but Florida's now realizing that Scott
    was a bad choice. Disapproval of Scott has doubled since his
    inauguration, and his disapproval rating has jumped to 48% of voters.

    I voted for all Democrats for the Florida House and Senate and will do
    so next time. I didn't pay much attention to party membership in the
    local elections. I'm not in the City of Orlando or in Orange County,
    so I don't vote for any major local officials.

    I'd say - except for state offices - my voting record is fairly
    balanced.

    >Hardly. First of all, the NRA is not "a lobbying group."

    Debatable. Highly debatable. They are a group that depends greatly,
    very greatly, on their aims being carried out by state and federal
    Congress members, and lobbying is how they reach these people.

    Even the postcards you receive are a result of lobbying. The
    candidates the postcards back are candidates that have been supportive
    of NRA aims that NRA lobbyists have convinced candidates and office
    holders to promote or candidates who are expected to support the aims
    that the NRA lobbys for.

    > I don't pay as much attention to state or local politics, and for
    >those I appreciate getting the facts from an organization that does follow
    >those candidates closely.
    >
    >>>For congress or state legislature, if I don't know the candidate I wait
    >>>for
    >>>the postcard from the NRA that gives me their ratings. For local, in most
    >>>cases I don't know the candidates and usually just vote Republican on the
    >>>assumption that they're the most likely to be conservative.

    Wow. I certainly don't live in a state where state candidates are not
    worth the bother of knowing about. I'm not going to base any of my
    votes on a postcard recommendation. My state legislators and the
    Governor have more impact on my life than the President of the US.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 20, 2011
  9. "John A." <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:07:42 -0500, Doug McDonald
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 4/19/2011 11:45 AM, John A. wrote:
    >>

    >>> They were shouting racist, bigoted, or homophobic things? I wasn't
    >>> aware of that.
    >>>

    >>Indeed they were! No question, no quibble. I say the segment
    >>he was talking about.
    >>
    >>They were calling white conservative people nasty racial things.
    >>They were calling black conservative people equally bad, if not worse.

    > Interesting. Can you post a link?

    I'll leave it to those wo mentioned this incident to post a link. As for me,
    I've been on the receiving end of vile insults from union members and others
    when I've attended public Tea Party events. I wouldn't repeat what's been said
    to me and my wife, I don't use that kind of language. Whether you want to
    believe it or not, union members and people on the left can be extremely vile,
    I've experienced it first hand. One particular evening before the last
    election, we were attending the nomination of someone running for the state
    senate here in NY. It was being held at a hotel. Outside the entrance, local
    trade union members were there protesting. As we drove up to the entrance of
    the hotel parking lot, we were cursed at and the protesters hit our car with
    their signs. We might have just been guests of the hotel travelling from
    out-of-town for all they knew. I'm sure some here will excuse this behavior or
    not believe me, that's their choice.
    Pete Stavrakoglou, Apr 20, 2011
  10. "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:43:37 -0400, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"tony cooper" <> wrote in message

    >>> To address both points with one answer...all you know about me,
    >>> politically, is that I am in favor of reasonable gun controls and that
    >>> I am not against allowing same-sex marriages. You see that as an
    >>> indication that I'm a Democrat. To you, evidently, a Republican is
    >>> one that opposes any restrictions in the way of gun control and
    >>> opposes same-sex marriages. That's all what being a Republican is
    >>> about. Well, those two issues and any health care reform.

    >>You forgot to add that we Republicans are all racist, bigoted homophobes too.
    >>

    > I didn't forget. Almost all of my friends are Republicans, and
    > there's not a racist or a bigot among them. The Republicans - and the
    > Democrats - who are racist and bigoted are not my friends.

    That comment was made with tongue-in-cheek. There are some who do think that
    way, there are wack-jobs in every group I work with a guy who will tell you
    without hesitation that all Republicans are racists - and he means it.
    Pete Stavrakoglou, Apr 20, 2011
  11. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:11:12 -0700, "Bill Graham" <>
    wrote:

    >Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
    >> "tony cooper" <> wrote in message

    >>> I didn't forget. Almost all of my friends are Republicans, and
    >>> there's not a racist or a bigot among them. The Republicans - and
    >>> the Democrats - who are racist and bigoted are not my friends.

    >> That comment was made with tongue-in-cheek. There are some who do
    >> think that way, there are wack-jobs in every group I work with a guy
    >> who will tell you without hesitation that all Republicans are racists
    >> - and he means it.

    >There are people who believe that anyone who didn't vote for Obama is a
    >racist. But 95% of the people of color in this country voted for Obama. Had
    >95% of the white people voted for John McCain, he would have won every state
    >except Hawaii by a landslide, and we would be the laughing stock of the
    >whole world. So who are the racists here?

    Oh, dear. I don't know why I even glance at your posts, Bill. You
    are such a joke.

    Ninty-five percent of the "people of color" didn't vote in the last
    election. Only 56.8% of all - white and black - eligible Americans
    voted.

    Your 95% is the number of eligible black voters who voted for Obama.
    Only 55% of the white voters voted for McCain, and they were prox 76%
    of the eligible voters.

    What is says to me is that the McCain/Palin message didn't convince
    enough people.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 21, 2011
  12. tony cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 4/20/2011 8:26 AM, Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
    > "John A."<> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:07:42 -0500, Doug McDonald
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Indeed they were! No question, no quibble. I say the segment
    >>> he was talking about.
    >>>
    >>> They were calling white conservative people nasty racial things.
    >>> They were calling black conservative people equally bad, if not worse.

    >> Interesting. Can you post a link?
    >>

    > I'll leave it to those wo mentioned this incident to post a link. As for me,
    > I've been on the receiving end of vile insults from union members and others
    > when I've attended public Tea Party events. I wouldn't repeat what's been said
    > to me and my wife, I don't use that kind of language. Whether you want to
    > believe it or not, union members and people on the left can be extremely vile,
    > I've experienced it first hand. One particular evening before the last
    > election, we were attending the nomination of someone running for the state
    > senate here in NY. It was being held at a hotel. Outside the entrance, local
    > trade union members were there protesting. As we drove up to the entrance of
    > the hotel parking lot, we were cursed at and the protesters hit our car with
    > their signs. We might have just been guests of the hotel travelling from
    > out-of-town for all they knew. I'm sure some here will excuse this behavior or
    > not believe me, that's their choice.

    Extremists on any side can be violent. I have been vilified by tea party
    activists when I expressed my belief that their heads were in the sand
    when it came to running the government. (OK I didn't use the word "sand.")

    _

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Apr 21, 2011
  13. tony cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 4/20/2011 8:26 AM, Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:

    > I'll leave it to those wo mentioned this incident to post a link. As for me,
    > I've been on the receiving end of vile insults from union members and others
    > when I've attended public Tea Party events. I wouldn't repeat what's been said
    > to me and my wife, I don't use that kind of language. Whether you want to
    > believe it or not, union members and people on the left can be extremely vile,
    > I've experienced it first hand. One particular evening before the last
    > election, we were attending the nomination of someone running for the state
    > senate here in NY. It was being held at a hotel. Outside the entrance, local
    > trade union members were there protesting. As we drove up to the entrance of
    > the hotel parking lot, we were cursed at and the protesters hit our car with
    > their signs. We might have just been guests of the hotel travelling from
    > out-of-town for all they knew. I'm sure some here will excuse this behavior or
    > not believe me, that's their choice.

    My problem with your thinking is that you believe your church should be
    the primary caretaker for the needy.
    I have given more than my share in time and money to help causes that I
    felt were worthy. I do not ask you to contribute to my favorites, but
    rely on the government to do what is right for our society and let my
    private causes fill in the substantial gaps.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Apr 21, 2011
  14. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:53:01 -0700, "Bill Graham" <>
    wrote:

    >>> There are people who believe that anyone who didn't vote for Obama
    >>> is a racist. But 95% of the people of color in this country voted
    >>> for Obama. Had 95% of the white people voted for John McCain, he
    >>> would have won every state except Hawaii by a landslide, and we
    >>> would be the laughing stock of the whole world. So who are the
    >>> racists here?

    >> Oh, dear. I don't know why I even glance at your posts, Bill. You
    >> are such a joke.
    >>
    >> Ninty-five percent of the "people of color" didn't vote in the last
    >> election. Only 56.8% of all - white and black - eligible Americans
    >> voted.
    >>
    >> Your 95% is the number of eligible black voters who voted for Obama.
    >> Only 55% of the white voters voted for McCain, and they were prox 76%
    >> of the eligible voters.
    >>
    >> What is says to me is that the McCain/Palin message didn't convince
    >> enough people.

    >Yes, of course. I was talking about elegible voters. Not all the people.
    >Many don't vote at all, although in the last election the turnout among
    >democrats was very good. No. What I said is still true. There were a huge
    >number of elegible voters who, as people of color, voted for Barak Obama.
    >They crossed party lines to do it.

    Really? There were a lot of black Republicans who voted for Obama?

    Black Republicans. Let's see, there's Michael Steel and .... who
    else?

    >They crossed political philosophies to do it.

    Really? Blacks with Republican philosophies?

    There are, of course, black Republicans. The South Florida non-white
    Cuban vote is strongly Republican.

    I would think the cross-over vote of white Democrats in the South who
    voted for McCain far outnumber them, though.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 21, 2011
  15. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:31:57 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <>
    wrote:

    >>>Hardly. First of all, the NRA is not "a lobbying group."

    >> Debatable. Highly debatable. They are a group that depends greatly,
    >> very greatly, on their aims being carried out by state and federal
    >> Congress members, and lobbying is how they reach these people.

    >There is a separate section, the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action)
    >that deals with that sort of thing. They probably do some lobbying, but
    >their main focus is getting out the vote for candidates who support gun
    >ownership rights. When anti-gun politicians express their fear and hatred of
    >the NRA, as they frequently do, it's really the NRA-ILA they're talking
    >about.

    I think that's a straw man. You can't separate the arm that puts
    money in the pockets of candidates and office holders from the body.
    The NRA provides the money the lobbyists spread out, they direct the
    lobbyists in their activities, and they provide very generous
    compensation to lobbyists. The "arm" doesn't develop the initiatives;
    the body does. The arm does the body's bidding.

    The most prominent NRA lobbyist in Florida is Marion Hammer. Ms
    Hammer is the former President of the NRA and is currently on the
    Board of Directors of the NRA. That's "separate"?

    >There are still enough gun fanciers in this state to keep
    >the anti-gun crazies at least partly in check. And yes, those crazies do
    >fear the NRA.

    I see I'm going to have to step up my rhetoric if you are going to
    talk about people who want gun controls in effect as crazies and if
    you are going to imply that those of us who do not support the NRA do
    so out of hatred.

    I've avoided "gun nuts", "wild-eyed paranoids who keep guns under
    their pillow", and other such extremes. It wouldn't hurt if you
    would.

    >They do from time to time try to slip some new piece of
    >anti-gun nonsense through, but while they might do this without attracting
    >newspaper notice they can't escape the vigilant eye of the NRA

    The difference between a "vigilant eye" and "paranoia" is just a
    matter of viewpoint.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 21, 2011
  16. "PeterN" <> wrote in message
    > On 4/20/2011 8:26 AM, Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
    >
    >> I'll leave it to those wo mentioned this incident to post a link. As for me,
    >> I've been on the receiving end of vile insults from union members and others
    >> when I've attended public Tea Party events. I wouldn't repeat what's been
    >> said
    >> to me and my wife, I don't use that kind of language. Whether you want to
    >> believe it or not, union members and people on the left can be extremely
    >> vile,
    >> I've experienced it first hand. One particular evening before the last
    >> election, we were attending the nomination of someone running for the state
    >> senate here in NY. It was being held at a hotel. Outside the entrance,
    >> local
    >> trade union members were there protesting. As we drove up to the entrance of
    >> the hotel parking lot, we were cursed at and the protesters hit our car with
    >> their signs. We might have just been guests of the hotel travelling from
    >> out-of-town for all they knew. I'm sure some here will excuse this behavior
    >> or
    >> not believe me, that's their choice.
    >>

    > My problem with your thinking is that you believe your church should be the
    > primary caretaker for the needy.
    > I have given more than my share in time and money to help causes that I felt
    > were worthy. I do not ask you to contribute to my favorites, but rely on the
    > government to do what is right for our society and let my private causes fill
    > in the substantial gaps.

    No Peter, I don't recall ever saying that my church or any other should be the
    primary caretaker. It is individuals who should care for their neighbors.
    However, churches and other private-sector organizations do a far better job of
    it than the government can.
    Pete Stavrakoglou, Apr 21, 2011
  17. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:43:40 -0700, "Bill Graham" <>
    wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:

    >>> Yes, of course. I was talking about elegible voters. Not all the
    >>> people. Many don't vote at all, although in the last election the
    >>> turnout among democrats was very good. No. What I said is still
    >>> true. There were a huge number of elegible voters who, as people of
    >>> color, voted for Barak Obama. They crossed party lines to do it.

    >> Really? There were a lot of black Republicans who voted for Obama?
    >>
    >> Black Republicans. Let's see, there's Michael Steel and .... who
    >> else?
    >>
    >>> They crossed political philosophies to do it.

    >> Really? Blacks with Republican philosophies?
    >>
    >> There are, of course, black Republicans. The South Florida non-white
    >> Cuban vote is strongly Republican.
    >>
    >> I would think the cross-over vote of white Democrats in the South who
    >> voted for McCain far outnumber them, though.

    >You are very good at skirting the issue, Tony. You would probably make a
    >good politician yourself. But my point is still valid. The people of color
    >in this country are far more racist than the whites. We voted for the man,
    >and not for the race. Unfoirtunately, those of color did not.

    Voting for the candidate that you feel offers the most benefit to you
    and yours is not racist. Voting for a candidate because you feel that
    the candidate shares your experiences, goals, and dreams is not
    racist.

    You need to look up "racist" and understand what it means.

    If you don't understand that many white people voted for McCain
    because he was the white candidate, you are delusional.

    I don't know who this "we" is that you are referring to, but it does
    not include all the voters.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 22, 2011
  18. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:20:03 -0700, "Bill Graham" <>
    wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:43:40 -0700, "Bill Graham" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> You are very good at skirting the issue, Tony. You would probably
    >>> make a good politician yourself. But my point is still valid. The
    >>> people of color in this country are far more racist than the whites.
    >>> We voted for the man, and not for the race. Unfoirtunately, those of
    >>> color did not.

    >> Voting for the candidate that you feel offers the most benefit to you
    >> and yours is not racist. Voting for a candidate because you feel that
    >> the candidate shares your experiences, goals, and dreams is not
    >> racist.
    >>
    >> You need to look up "racist" and understand what it means.
    >>
    >> If you don't understand that many white people voted for McCain
    >> because he was the white candidate, you are delusional.
    >>
    >> I don't know who this "we" is that you are referring to, but it does
    >> not include all the voters.

    >If "many" white people had voted for McCain because he was white, he would
    >be the president right now. I have no doubt that the 95% of the black people
    >who voted for Obama were just picking the man thay thought would do the most
    >for them. - That's what racism is all about. They assumed he would do the
    >most for them because he was black. His politics had nothing to do with it.
    >Voting for someone because of his color is a racist act. Why don't you just
    >admit it, instead of trying to justify it?

    You really do need to try to understand what "racism" means.

    What is the difference, by the way, between a member of a political
    party voting for the man who they think will do the most for them and
    your erroneous description of racism? Isn't that what we all do?
    Vote for the person we think will do the most for us?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 22, 2011
  19. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:19:14 -0700, "Bill Graham" <>
    wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:20:03 -0700, "Bill Graham" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> If "many" white people had voted for McCain because he was white, he
    >>> would be the president right now. I have no doubt that the 95% of
    >>> the black people who voted for Obama were just picking the man thay
    >>> thought would do the most for them. - That's what racism is all
    >>> about. They assumed he would do the most for them because he was
    >>> black. His politics had nothing to do with it. Voting for someone
    >>> because of his color is a racist act. Why don't you just admit it,
    >>> instead of trying to justify it?

    >> You really do need to try to understand what "racism" means.
    >>
    >> What is the difference, by the way, between a member of a political
    >> party voting for the man who they think will do the most for them and
    >> your erroneous description of racism? Isn't that what we all do?
    >> Vote for the person we think will do the most for us?

    >Of course. And if I had any reason to believe that 95% of the black
    >population of this country would think that Barak Obama would be their best
    >candidate, whether they were Republicans, Democrats, Conservatives, or
    >Liberals, I would agree with you. But both you and I know that that is not
    >the case. So, the only conclusion I can draw from that is that their voting
    >was racially motivated. Sorry about that.

    Somehow I knew you'd find a way to support your own opinion.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 23, 2011
  20. tony cooper

    Walter Banks Guest

    tony cooper wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:19:14 -0700, "Bill Graham" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Of course. And if I had any reason to believe that 95% of the black
    > >population of this country would think that Barak Obama would be their best
    > >candidate, whether they were Republicans, Democrats, Conservatives, or
    > >Liberals, I would agree with you. But both you and I know that that is not
    > >the case. So, the only conclusion I can draw from that is that their voting
    > >was racially motivated. Sorry about that.

    > Somehow I knew you'd find a way to support your own opinion.

    Bill would need a different explanation to justify a similar black support for
    LBJ.

    w..
    Walter Banks, Apr 23, 2011