Re: Something ---Warning Posting Police have Struck!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by StevieO, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. StevieO

    StevieO Guest

    Who gives a ****.

    If you don't like it, don't read it and
    move the **** along.

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    Jim Zambelli wrote:

    > ((In my case, I don't care. I forwarded a copy of the email as I
    > received it. Simply put, the content was worth sharing and only a
    > moron would have trouble deciphering any of the technical glitches
    > that came with it.))

    I don't understand why you don't care.

    I disagree with your concept that only a moron would have trouble
    reading it in its condition. Maybe you are accustomed to reading
    something like that. I would never read an article of that length in
    that condition.

    You think 'everyone' would read it and I think 'no one' would read it.
    (Exaggerating the extremes to make a point.)

    Obviously /you/ read it, so that isn't no one. But I didn't read it, so
    that (also) isn't everyone.

    Here's where we can disagree with each other and wonder who is the
    closest to being correct and perhaps resolve - or at least explore - our
    differences. You think a lot of people would read it in that condition.
    I think a very few people would read it in that condition. We can ask
    the readers here how many of them -1- did read it in the condition you
    posted it -2- would be more likely to read it in the condition I posted it.

    > ((Obviously you read it despite the awkwardness of how it looked.
    > I guess "they" thought correctly.))

    I did *not* read what you posted. I 'looked at' what you posted so that
    I could search for it to read it in a better condition.

    > ((This may come as some surprise, but making a format a top priority
    > in passing along posts isn't part of many people's game plan.

    I believe that part of what you say is correct -- many people pass along
    all kinds of junk to one another. That doesn't make it right.

    What if you could clean up something in just a few seconds?

    > I don't particularly care with the way some of the posts appear when I
    > receive them, but I don't let it bother me. If the content is interesting
    > (to me), I'll get through it. If the content isn't worth it, I'll
    > pass.))

    If I were passing along something to someone else, I would like for it
    to be in a readable condition. If someone sends something to me that
    isn't readable and I want to read it, I will reformat it to make it
    readable.

    --
    Mike Easter

    StevieO, Oct 3, 2010