Re: Something to look forward to ...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Richard, Dec 8, 2012.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On 12/5/2012 12:17 PM, Mutlley wrote:
    > "geoff" <> wrote:
    >
    >>From A UK poster on another newsgroup:
    >>
    >> " The new 4g phone transmitters are buggering up Freeview reception.
    >> That's a nice bonus for Sky, as the only way people will be able to
    >> watch the telly will be from satellite transmission. "
    >>
    >> geoff
    >>

    > That depends if we use the same frequencies as the poms..

    They deployed it with a minimal guardband and many old antennas have
    good responce well up into the 700MHz since that was part of the TV
    band, as do masthead amps etc.

    Should be trivial to sort out the recieving end with filters if needed,
    but in typical UK fashion they are making the 4g network operators sort
    out peoples reception problems on their low quality TV gear.

    Richard, Dec 8, 2012

  2. On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 21:18:03 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 12/5/2012 12:17 PM, Mutlley wrote:
    >> "geoff" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>From A UK poster on another newsgroup:
    >>>
    >>> " The new 4g phone transmitters are buggering up Freeview reception.
    >>> That's a nice bonus for Sky, as the only way people will be able to
    >>> watch the telly will be from satellite transmission. "
    >>>
    >>> geoff
    >>>

    >> That depends if we use the same frequencies as the poms..

    >They deployed it with a minimal guardband and many old antennas have
    >good responce well up into the 700MHz since that was part of the TV
    >band, as do masthead amps etc.
    >
    >Should be trivial to sort out the recieving end with filters if needed,
    >but in typical UK fashion they are making the 4g network operators sort
    >out peoples reception problems on their low quality TV gear.

    There are Filters for this I have one all ready on the Mast as Telecom's
    XT network runs on 850mhz and affects one of my PVR's

    The inline cable one is $50 and the masthead one some $100, but I only
    paid $35 fitted as it was my old boss that had one lying around.

    Different boxes will be affected, as I know another brand that was
    affected by the same Cell phone tower but does not affect any of the 3
    TV's that we have.

    Frank Williams, Dec 9, 2012