    > Hell no, I just play one on Usenet!

    I bet you use a Mac as well.

    John.

    John, Apr 27, 2008

  2. John

    canon.user Guest

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 08:59:46 -0400 'Shawn Hirn'
    wrote this on rec.photo.digital:

    >In article <>,

    >> > I bet you use a Mac as well.

    >> Hell no! A Mac is for idiots!

    >No way. We Mac users just like to get work done on our computers

    How do you manage that ... there's virtually no software available
    for Macs? ;-)

    canon.user, Apr 27, 2008

  3. John

    measekite Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > Savageduck wrote:
    >
    >> Could it be the Intel Apple product you are using is a fine 8-Core 3.2
    >> GHz Mac Pro tower, not the lesser one size fits all iMac ??

    > That's just it; Apple finally got their act together and started using
    > Intel. We PC folks have been using dual, quad, and 8-way Xeons years
    > before
    > Apple got a clue. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Mac
    > if all
    > you want is a pretty desk top ornament. Gotta admit, that's one sweet
    > looking case.

    Hey, I have been a PC Windows user for many years and poo pood Mac. Now
    I use a PC platform running Linux. Linux is more secure, more stable,
    and faster than Windows albiet you have to chase down hardware drivers
    and be more selective of software but it is free. It is free of $$$ and
    free of copy protection and all of the bullshit.

    That said, if I was a fan of Notebooks and the additional money did not
    matter much I would look at a Mac Powerbook today. I think that Mac OSX
    is more stable and a better OS than Windows. The main thing is cost.
    But under Mac you can use Gimp, Open Office, Thunderbird, and Firefox
    all without charge.

    measekite, Apr 28, 2008
  4. John

    canon.user Guest

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:27:34 -0700 'Savageduck'
    wrote this on rec.photo.digital:

    >On 2008-04-27 08:49:02 -0700, canon.user <canon.user@127.0.0.1> said:

    >> How do you manage that ... there's virtually no software available
    >> for Macs? ;-)

    >You seem to be lost in the WinBlows anti-Apple 90's propaganda FUD myth.
    >
    >You obviously have not heard of CS3, PS Elements, Lightroom, Aperture,
    >GraphicConverter, Gimp, PhotoGPSEditor, Capture NX, the various Nik
    >packages & the useful, but limited iPhoto.
    >
    >Linux can be run on all Macs with all that offers.

    Linux = not ready for prime time.

    >... and with the current Apple offerings there are several methods of
    >compromising and running some variation of Window (XP, 2000, or the
    >dreaded Vista), or all at the same time if needed. try that with your
    >Dell.

    ....must be time we all went over to Macs.

    canon.user, Apr 28, 2008
  5. John

    measekite Guest

    canon.user wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:27:34 -0700 'Savageduck'
    > wrote this on rec.photo.digital:
    >

    >> On 2008-04-27 08:49:02 -0700, canon.user <canon.user@127.0.0.1> said:
    >>

    >>> How do you manage that ... there's virtually no software available
    >>> for Macs? ;-)
    >>>

    >> You seem to be lost in the WinBlows anti-Apple 90's propaganda FUD myth.
    >>
    >> You obviously have not heard of CS3, PS Elements, Lightroom, Aperture,
    >> GraphicConverter, Gimp, PhotoGPSEditor, Capture NX, the various Nik
    >> packages & the useful, but limited iPhoto.
    >>
    >> Linux can be run on all Macs with all that offers.
    >>

    > Linux = not ready for prime time.

    Partially Right and Partially Wrong

    It is ready for prime time for the computer literate. It is also ready
    for prime time for anybody who has a computer literate friend who can
    set it up for the average person. It requires very little maintenance
    after that and is easy to use and causes less problems for the average
    users.

    measekite, Apr 28, 2008
  6. John

    canon.user Guest

    On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:22:36 -0400 'Rita Berkowitz'
    wrote this on rec.photo.digital:

    >measekite wrote:
    >
    >> Partially Right and Partially Wrong
    >>
    >> It is ready for prime time for the computer literate. It is also
    >> ready for prime time for anybody who has a computer literate friend
    >> who can set it up for the average person. It requires very little
    >> maintenance after that and is easy to use and causes less problems
    >> for the average users.

    measekite,
    Nonsense.
    And you're in my killfile doncha know measekite for posting in HTML.

    >Been like that for 15-years and will always be like that. This is why Linux
    >will never be able to compete and has always taken a back seat to Windows.

    Rita Berkowitz,
    It often seems that way, although I believe there will be a prime
    time Linux at some time.

    canon.user, Apr 29, 2008
  7. John

    measekite Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:
    > In article <6f2c5cfd815538f9bd7528f7690ea34e@localghost.127.0.0.1>,
    > canon.user says...
    >
    >> It often seems that way, although I believe there will be a prime
    >> time Linux at some time.
    >>

    > I have serious doubts about that. Developers are not interested in
    > creating version of Linux which is easy to use, just to name one reason.

    Linux is currently easy to use. The hard part is getting appropriate
    drivers for all of the hardware.

    measekite, Apr 29, 2008
  8. John

    canon.user Guest

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:25:42 +0200 'Alfred Molon'
    wrote this on rec.photo.digital:

    >In article <6f2c5cfd815538f9bd7528f7690ea34e@localghost.127.0.0.1>,
    >canon.user says...
    >>
    >> It often seems that way, although I believe there will be a prime
    >> time Linux at some time.

    >I have serious doubts about that. Developers are not interested in
    >creating version of Linux which is easy to use, just to name one reason.

    Does your view not preclude the likelyhood of commercial corps
    finalising a prime-time version to make $$$?

    canon.user, Apr 29, 2008
  9. Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > In article <6f2c5cfd815538f9bd7528f7690ea34e@localghost.127.0.0.1>,
    > canon.user says...
    >>
    >> It often seems that way, although I believe there will be a prime
    >> time Linux at some time.

    > I have serious doubts about that. Developers are not interested in
    > creating version of Linux which is easy to use, just to name one reason.

    The version of Linux I use was specifically created to make it
    difficult for the user to tell whether they were using Linux or MS
    Windows, so that secretaries etc. could easily switch systems, since
    they tend to be trained in MS Windows, whereas the computer scientists
    they support mostly use Linux. Seems to work well. I also note that
    some of the local system vendors and are now converting their
    customers to Ubuntu Linux because they say it's easier to install and
    support.

    --
    Chris Malcolm DoD #205
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]