Re: Some Warbirds

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Oct 1, 2012.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Oct 1, 2012

  2. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/1/2012 6:09 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-10-01 11:08:36 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 10/1/2012 12:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    >>> For those who might be interested in Warbirds, here are a few of my
    >>> Saturday captures.
    >>> <
    >>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b...viation/Warbirds Over Paso/Warbirds Over Paso
    >>>

    > or
    > <
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/8qq9tq9 >
    >>>

    >> Interesting series. What did you take them from?
    >> It is unusual to see blue sky when shooting from the top, unless they
    >> were PhotoShopped.

    > I was standing on the taxiway aiming up, or almost level for the low
    > passes. Most of the shots were taken directlly across from the runway
    > and the cloudless sky over there was quite blue. Shots taken a little
    > further out to the North East were in some heat haze which softened the
    > blue somewhat, such as in the FW-190/Yak shot. When they made a North to
    > South pass, the bright sunlight at the Southerend of the pass just blew
    > everything.
    >
    > All of my RAW processing was done in LR4 as that has the new ACR 2012
    > RAW processing engine. My PS is still at CS5. I then made some final
    > tweaks in CS5, including adding my "frame" before saving back to LR4.
    >
    > ...but most importantly I did not forget to use my CPF.

    CPF?

    Certified Picture Framer?

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 2, 2012

  3. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/1/2012 10:20 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-10-01 17:19:51 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 10/1/2012 6:09 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    > or
    > <
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/8qq9tq9

    >>> I was standing on the taxiway aiming up, or almost level for the low
    >>> passes. Most of the shots were taken directly across from the runway
    >>> and the cloudless sky over there was quite blue. Shots taken a little
    >>> further out to the North East were in some heat haze which softened the
    >>> blue somewhat, such as in the FW-190/Yak shot. When they made a North to
    >>> South pass, the bright sunlight at the Southern end of the pass just
    >>> blew
    >>> everything.
    >>>
    >>> All of my RAW processing was done in LR4 as that has the new ACR 2012
    >>> RAW processing engine. My PS is still at CS5. I then made some final
    >>> tweaks in CS5, including adding my "frame" before saving back to LR4.
    >>>
    >>> ...but most importantly I did not forget to use my CPF.
    >>>

    >> CPF?
    >>
    >> Certified Picture Framer?

    > He! He!
    > Circular Polarizing Filter.

    I've been using one for years. Seriously, I never heard of it referred
    to as a CPF.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 2, 2012
  4. PeterN

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 14:08:36 -0400, PeterN <>
    wrote:
    : On 10/1/2012 12:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    : > For those who might be interested in Warbirds, here are a few of my
    : > Saturday captures.
    : > <
    : > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b...viation/Warbirds Over Paso/Warbirds Over Paso
    : >
    : >>
    : > or
    : > < http://tinyurl.com/8qq9tq9 >
    : >
    : >
    :
    : Interesting series. What did you take them from?
    : It is unusual to see blue sky when shooting from the top, unless they
    : were PhotoShopped.

    Or the plane is upside down.

    Duck, are you listening? The woman who's leading the Photowalk I signed up for
    tomorrow apparently specializes in photographing military aircraft. I'll ask
    her if she knows you!

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 12, 2012