Re: Some help/advice would be welcomed!

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Mike Easter, Jan 10, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    posted to a.c.s only

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Is *anyone* familiar with ........... Trojan.Script.255082 ?
    >
    > Further comments welcomed :)

    The AV engine in RonNNN's AV ware is F-secure for Charter Security. If
    you go to that website and enter that term into the search tools for the
    exact same ware he is using, it does not give you a listing or hit, only
    the definition for trojan.

    The person to have tracked this down was RonNNN, not you. You don't
    have access to the item/threat in question.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 10, 2010

  2. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> The person to have tracked this down was RonNNN, not you. You don't
    >> have access to the item/threat in question.
    >>

    > I discovered earlier today that the threat is also known as .......
    > Exploit.JS.Pdfka.asd

    That information does not connect the dots which are worthwhile to this
    discussion. Why did RonNNN's browser want to go somewhere else than the
    target website and why did it want to execute the malware.

    RonNNN reported the name of something to you. How he came to encounter
    it with his system is unknown. Because he is a top poster and cannot
    read news messages comprehensively, he has not even responded to the
    question about what is his browser (and its version).

    > I have no idea why RonNNN should have had his Security Suite spring to
    > his aid when he (allegedly) clicked on the link I had posted.

    Exactly. And that question is all that really matters in this
    'investigation'.

    > FYI - some long time ago now,

    <snip>

    > Just so you know!

    Those 'personal' stories do not relate to this issue. Nor does RonNNN's
    'personal' opinion that your 'personal' referral to the uploading.com
    website applies to anything about this.

    This is not about 'people' or personalities at all.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 11, 2010

  3. Mike Easter

    BoaterDave Guest

    On 11 Jan, 02:11, Mike Easter <> wrote:
    > ~BD~ wrote:
    > > Mike Easter wrote:

    > >> The person to have tracked this down was RonNNN, not you.  You don't
    > >> have access to the item/threat in question.

    Agreed

    > > I discovered earlier today that the threat is also known as .......
    > > Exploit.JS.Pdfka.asd

    > That information does not connect the dots which are worthwhile to this
    > discussion.  Why did RonNNN's browser want to go somewhere else than the
    > target website and why did it want to execute the malware.

    I don't know.

    > RonNNN reported the name of something to you.  How he came to encounter
    > it with his system is unknown.  Because he is a top poster and cannot
    > read news messages comprehensively, he has not even responded to the
    > question about what is his browser (and its version).

    I've asked him to come here

    > > I have no idea why RonNNN should have had his Security Suite spring to
    > > his aid when he (allegedly) clicked on the link I had posted.

    > Exactly.  And that question is all that really matters in this
    > 'investigation'.
    >
    > > FYI - some long time ago now,

    > <snip>
    >
    > > Just so you know!

    > Those 'personal' stories do not relate to this issue.  Nor does RonNNN's
    > 'personal' opinion that your 'personal' referral to the uploading.com
    > website applies to anything about this.
    >
    > This is not about 'people' or personalities at all.

    Easy to read page for Ron to read some background!

    http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=254309&mode=linear

    --
    Dave

    BoaterDave, Jan 11, 2010