  1. don

    don Guest

    Sounds like an HP Printer Solution Center box
    don, Oct 17, 2009

  2. don

    gangle Guest

    "don" wrote
    > Sounds like an HP Printer Solution Center box

    Usenet is not chat. You have to have previous
    quotes of material in the thread to understand
    what it is about. You should assume that many
    people will start reading the thread at the point of
    your reply. Think about it: If you started this
    thread by seeing "Sounds like an HP Printer Solution
    Center box," would you not ask, "What the ****
    is he talking about, and to whom?"

    Your reply should have looked like:

    "Rôgêr" wrote in message

    >"nigel" wrote in message
    >> Windows XP PROFF. Worked ok for 4 years but in the
    >> last few weeks I have a box opening on the screen asking
    >> for a disk relating to SOLUTION CENTER. I don't have
    >> one and its impossible to get rid of this box unless I close
    >> SOLUTION CENTER via Task Manager. How can I stop
    >> this coming up on the screen? I don't appear to need
    >> SOLUTION CENTER for the normal functioning
    >> of my PC.
    >>
    >> System Restore does not solve the problem.

    > Is that as specific as you can get? Isn't there any more info on the
    > window than that?

    Sounds like an HP Printer Solution Center box

    Here's two other takes on this:

    http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html

    Shut up, Agnes, and keep blowing!
    gangle, Oct 17, 2009

  3. don

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 07:36:50 -0700, "gangle" <> wrote:

    >"don" wrote
    >> Sounds like an HP Printer Solution Center box

    >Usenet is not chat. You have to have previous
    >quotes of material in the thread to understand
    >what it is about. You should assume that many
    >people will start reading the thread at the point of
    >your reply. Think about it: If you started this
    >thread by seeing "Sounds like an HP Printer Solution
    >Center box," would you not ask, "What the ****
    >is he talking about, and to whom?"

    You're tilting at windmills, glurd. As time goes by, I become more convinced
    that the name of this group should be changed to 24hour.cluelessness.

    --
    However, the notion of someone posting to usenet while resembling a
    mutant chicken from outer space is not only amusing, but also helps put
    Mara, Oct 17, 2009
  4. don

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 06:35:38 -0400, don wrote:

    > Sounds like an HP Printer Solution Center box

    What does?

    --
    Elmo McElroy: If I wanted cuisine, I'd have gone to Paris
    Felix DeSouza: You can still go to France. It's full of pricks. They hate
    Aardvark, Oct 18, 2009
  5. Aardvark wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 06:35:38 -0400, don wrote:
    >
    >> Sounds like an HP Printer Solution Center box

    > What does?

    Chinese Opera...if yer drunk enough.

    ^_^
    S∩∪hW0ζƒ, Oct 18, 2009
  6. don

    gangle Guest

    "Mara" wrote
    > "gangle" wrote:
    >
    > >"don" wrote
    > >> Sounds like an HP Printer Solution Center box

    > >Usenet is not chat. You have to have previous
    > >quotes of material in the thread to understand
    > >what it is about. You should assume that many
    > >people will start reading the thread at the point of
    > >your reply. Think about it: If you started this
    > >thread by seeing "Sounds like an HP Printer Solution
    > >Center box," would you not ask, "What the ****
    > >is he talking about, and to whom?"

    > You're tilting at windmills, glurd. As time goes by, I become
    > more convinced that the name of this group should be
    > changed to 24hour.cluelessness.

    Or, how about 24hour.wasting-time-replying-to-RtS?

    In any case, this NG used to serve as, among other things,
    a place for newbies and the clueless to find out about
    netiquette and how to post effectively. Now it's rare that
    anyone gives enough of a shit to point out the correct way
    -- to help newbies to become better at communicating in
    future newsgroup messages -- to even mention the word
    "netiquette." Then, too, there are the ultra-stupids, who
    rebuke any such useful advice thrown their way and who
    strangely take pride in perpetuating their stupidity.

    The societal bar has been lowered yet again.
    Mediocrity reigns over the land......all hail the
    lowest common denominator!

    Jesus H. Christ.
    gangle, Oct 18, 2009
  7. don

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 02:09:01 -0700, "gangle" <> wrote:

    >"Mara" wrote
    >> "gangle" wrote:
    >>
    >> >"don" wrote
    >> >
    >> >Usenet is not chat. You have to have previous
    >> >quotes of material in the thread to understand
    >> >what it is about. You should assume that many
    >> >people will start reading the thread at the point of
    >> >your reply. Think about it: If you started this
    >> >thread by seeing "Sounds like an HP Printer Solution
    >> >Center box," would you not ask, "What the ****
    >> >is he talking about, and to whom?"

    >> You're tilting at windmills, glurd. As time goes by, I become
    >> more convinced that the name of this group should be
    >> changed to 24hour.cluelessness.

    >Or, how about 24hour.wasting-time-replying-to-RtS?

    Pretty much, yeah, but it isn't just RtS.

    http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_obvious.shtml

    **** you.

    Mara, Oct 18, 2009