re:software

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Max Quordlepleen, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:52:43 GMT, " Jude Brunnert"
    <> proffered, in :
    news::

    > I'm looking for a 'clone' i.e. freeware or shareware of a program
    > called Adobe Acrobat(not the Adobe Reader) - I'm not sure how to
    > search for it. T.I.A.

    There are several shareware and freeware PDF generators - try looking
    for PDF995 http://www.pdf995.com/, RoboPDF http://www.ehelp.com, eXPert
    PDF Printer http://www.visagesoft./com, or PDFCreator
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
    The free Office Suite, Openoffice, from http://www.openoffice.org also
    includes a PDF generator in its latest beta release.

    --
    By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.
    Max Quordlepleen, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Max Quordlepleen

    Trevor Smith Guest

    "Max Quordlepleen" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:52:43 GMT, " Jude Brunnert"
    > <> proffered, in :
    >
    > > I'm looking for a 'clone' i.e. freeware or shareware of a program
    > > called Adobe Acrobat(not the Adobe Reader) - I'm not sure how to
    > > search for it. T.I.A.
    > >

    > There are several shareware and freeware PDF generators - try looking
    > for PDF995 http://www.pdf995.com/, RoboPDF http://www.ehelp.com, eXPert
    > PDF Printer http://www.visagesoft./com, or PDFCreator
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
    > The free Office Suite, Openoffice, from http://www.openoffice.org also
    > includes a PDF generator in its latest beta release.
    >
    > --
    > By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

    Ghostscript too is quite good, especially for 'getting under the bonnet'
    with .ps and .pdf files.

    Trevor.
    Trevor Smith, Jul 9, 2003