Re: Software Developer to transcribe Oracle database into Access database

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Guy Cox, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Guy Cox

    Guy Cox Guest

    Convert to Access? You're absolutely nuts... Go for MSDE at least so that
    you can eventually upsize it to SQL Server.. Access doesn't have triggers
    or cursors in the traditional sense of the word. The conversion will drive
    you nuts.

    Not to mention the limitation on the number of connections and the DB
    size....

    Guy

    Guy Cox, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Guy Cox

    sharon Guest

    Yep, I agree with Guy. DON'T go for Access, I work for a
    large company and have lost count of the amount of times
    I've had to convert Access databases to SQL Server. The
    time it ends up taking is ridiculous. I would never
    recommend Access for anything more than a home user.

    Cheers,
    Sharon

    sharon, Jul 9, 2003