Re: SOBIG-F SECOND WAVE ATTACK - M$ Windows

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by William Poaster, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
    15:57:36 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

    > William Poaster said:
    >
    >> For those of you using M$ Windows:-
    >>
    >> Sophos researchers have published information on

    <snip>

    >> W32/Sobig-F also attempts to spread by copying
    >> itself to Windows network shares.

    > Thank you for posting this. :)

    YW, Boomer. :)

    Although I expect there will still be a
    bunch of Windoze users asking "Why does my
    computer...blah..blah..etc" just as they did with
    MSBlaster, even *after* all the warnings about it.

    --
    Linux user #305646.
    SuSE Linux Pro 8.2
    William Poaster, Aug 22, 2003

  2. William Poaster

    Boomer Guest

    William Poaster said:

    > This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
    > 15:57:36 +0000, Boomer uttered this:
    >
    >> William Poaster said:
    >>
    >>> For those of you using M$ Windows:-
    >>>
    >>> Sophos researchers have published information on

    > <snip>
    >
    >>> W32/Sobig-F also attempts to spread by copying
    >>> itself to Windows network shares.

    >> Thank you for posting this. :)

    > YW, Boomer. :)
    >
    > Although I expect there will still be a
    > bunch of Windoze users asking "Why does my
    > computer...blah..blah..etc" just as they did with
    > MSBlaster, even *after* all the warnings about it.

    Maybe if this thread grows in length (maybe 300 replies) <eg> someone
    "might" notice your information?!

    Or you could put "SEX" in the subject line. That seems to be an
    attention getter. :)
    Boomer, Aug 22, 2003

  3. William Poaster

    Boomer Guest

    Re: ** SEX **

    °Mike° said:

    > REPOST - courtesy William Poaster:
    >
    > For those of you using M$ Windows:-
    >
    > Sophos researchers have published information on
    > a second wave attack which the Sobig-F worm may
    > attempt to make in the coming hours.
    >
    > On infected PCs, Sobig-F will attempt to download
    > code from the internet and then run it on the computer.
    > This occurs on *Fridays* and *Sundays* at 19:00-22:00 GMT.
    > This equates to the following times in different parts
    > of the world:

    [snip]
    > On 22 Aug 2003 17:13:28 GMT, in
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >>Maybe if this thread grows in length (maybe 300 replies) <eg>
    >>someone "might" notice your information?!
    >>
    >>Or you could put "SEX" in the subject line. That seems to be an
    >>attention getter. :)

    > Like this, you mean? <bg>

    Excellent! ;)

    It sure got my attention! LOL

    --

    <HCFTH>
    Boomer, Aug 22, 2003
  4. William Poaster

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: ** SEX ** & BEER!!! and ROCK & ROLL!

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:47:02 +0100, in
    <>
    William Poaster scrawled:

    >This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
    >17:38:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:
    >
    >> °Mike° said:
    >>
    >>> REPOST - courtesy William Poaster:
    >>>
    >>> For those of you using M$ Windows:-
    >>>
    >>> Sophos researchers have published information on
    >>> a second wave attack which the Sobig-F worm may
    >>> attempt to make in the coming hours.
    >>>
    >>> On infected PCs, Sobig-F will attempt to download
    >>> code from the internet and then run it on the computer.
    >>> This occurs on *Fridays* and *Sundays* at 19:00-22:00 GMT.
    >>> This equates to the following times in different parts
    >>> of the world:

    >> [snip]
    >>> On 22 Aug 2003 17:13:28 GMT, in
    >>> Boomer scrawled:
    >>>
    >>> <snip>

    >>> Like this, you mean? <bg>
    >>>

    >> Excellent! ;)
    >>
    >> It sure got my attention! LOL

    >That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

    Who can resist, now? <g>

    --
    "Hit any user to continue."
    °Mike°, Aug 22, 2003
  5. Re: ** SEX ** & BEER!!! and ROCK & ROLL!

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:49:08 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by °Mike° in message

    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:47:02 +0100, in
    > <>
    > William Poaster scrawled:
    >
    >>This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
    >>17:38:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

    snip

    >>> Excellent! ;)
    >>>
    >>> It sure got my attention! LOL

    >>That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

    > Who can resist, now? <g>

    At my age, we can dispense with the *SEX* part, but bring on the BEER!!11!!

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2002
    The Old Sourdough, Aug 22, 2003
  6. William Poaster

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: ** SEX ** & BEER!!! and ROCK & ROLL!

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:57:07 -0500, in
    <Xns93DF83C3EAA80Bcx25Yti54oP@216.196.97.132>
    The Old Sourdough scrawled:

    >On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:49:08 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    >at the following statement by °Mike° in message
    >
    >> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:47:02 +0100, in
    >> <>
    >> William Poaster scrawled:
    >>
    >>>This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
    >>>17:38:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

    >snip

    >>>That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

    >> Who can resist, now? <g>
    >>

    >At my age, we can dispense with the *SEX* part, but bring on the BEER!!11!!

    Oh, you're still conscious, then? ;^)
    °Mike°, Aug 22, 2003
  7. William Poaster

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: Windows -VS- Macintosh?

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:00:47 GMT, in
    <jTs1b.5020$>
    Ed Malphrus scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:47:02 +0100, in
    >> <>
    >> William Poaster scrawled:
    >>
    >> >This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
    >> >17:38:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

    >> >That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

    >> Who can resist, now? <g>
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Hit any user to continue."
    >>

    >In case any pre-teen geeks want to get in on the fun

    Shouldn't that be PC -vs- Macintosh? Or Linux -vs- Windows?

    --
    "A Linux machine... because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste."
    °Mike°, Aug 22, 2003
  8. William Poaster

    Boomer Guest

    Re: ** SEX ** & BEER!!! & More BEER!!! *SEX* later

    William Poaster said:

    > This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
    > 17:38:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:
    >
    >> °Mike° said:
    >>
    >>> REPOST - courtesy William Poaster:
    >>>
    >>> For those of you using M$ Windows:-
    >>>
    >>> Sophos researchers have published information on
    >>> a second wave attack which the Sobig-F worm may
    >>> attempt to make in the coming hours.
    >>>
    >>> On infected PCs, Sobig-F will attempt to download
    >>> code from the internet and then run it on the computer.
    >>> This occurs on *Fridays* and *Sundays* at 19:00-22:00 GMT.
    >>> This equates to the following times in different parts
    >>> of the world:

    >> [snip]
    >>> On 22 Aug 2003 17:13:28 GMT, in
    >>> Boomer scrawled:
    >>>
    >>> <snip>

    >>> Like this, you mean? <bg>
    >>>

    >> Excellent! ;)
    >>
    >> It sure got my attention! LOL

    > That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

    Oh, YES!!!!!!!

    You got the idea, now. ;)
    Boomer, Aug 22, 2003
  9. William Poaster

    Boomer Guest

    William Poaster said:

    > This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug
    > 2003 17:13:28 +0000, Boomer uttered this:
    >
    >> William Poaster said:
    >>
    >>> This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug
    >>> 2003 15:57:36 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

    >>> <snip>

    >>> YW, Boomer. :)
    >>>
    >>> Although I expect there will still be a
    >>> bunch of Windoze users asking "Why does my
    >>> computer...blah..blah..etc" just as they did with
    >>> MSBlaster, even *after* all the warnings about it.

    >> Maybe if this thread grows in length (maybe 300 replies) <eg>
    >> someone "might" notice your information?!

    > You think so? <g>

    It's a start. lol

    Boomer, Aug 22, 2003
  10. Re: ** SEX ** & BEER!!! and ROCK & ROLL!

    This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
    19:01:43 +0100, °Mike° uttered this:

    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:57:07 -0500, in
    > <Xns93DF83C3EAA80Bcx25Yti54oP@216.196.97.132>
    > The Old Sourdough scrawled:
    >
    >>On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:49:08 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    >>at the following statement by °Mike° in message
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:47:02 +0100, in
    >>> <>
    >>> William Poaster scrawled:

    >>snip

    >>> Who can resist, now? <g>
    >>>

    >>At my age, we can dispense with the *SEX* part, but bring on the BEER!!11!!

    > Oh, you're still conscious, then? ;^)

    Give it time! <g>

    --
    Rock & roll...
    On your way home...
    William Poaster, Aug 22, 2003
  11. William Poaster

    slumpy Guest

    Re: ** SEX **DRUGS & BEER!!! and ROCK & ROLL AND MOTORBIKES AND FAST CARS AND FREE PORN !

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

    >>> [snip]

    >>> Excellent! ;)
    >>>
    >>> It sure got my attention! LOL

    >> That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

    > Who can resist, now? <g>

    It needed improving slightly ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 22, 2003
  12. William Poaster

    Patrick Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

    >>> That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

    >> Who can resist, now? <g>

    > It needed improving slightly ;-)

    OohEee, I've found a fex-fred !
    Patrick, Aug 22, 2003
  13. Re: ** SEX **DRUGS & BEER!!! and ROCK & ROLL AND MOTORBIKES AND FAST CARS AND FREE PORN !

    This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug 2003
    22:49:50 +0100, slumpy uttered this:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

    >>> That should get a few more! Hehhehheh

    >> Who can resist, now? <g>

    > It needed improving slightly ;-)

    Bloody title's getting longer than the thread! Heh.
    William Poaster, Aug 23, 2003
  14. William Poaster

    Boomer Guest

    Re: ** SEX **DRUGS & BEER!!! and ROCK & ROLL AND MOTORBIKES AND FAST CARS AND FREE PORN & popcorn!

    William Poaster said:

    > This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug
    > 2003 22:49:50 +0100, slumpy uttered this:
    >
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't
    >> you ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike°
    >> continued:

    >>> Who can resist, now? <g>

    >> It needed improving slightly ;-)

    > Bloody title's getting longer than the thread! Heh.

    Popcorn added. ;)
    Boomer, Aug 23, 2003
  15. Re: ** SEX **DRUGS & BEER!!! and ROCK & ROLL AND MOTORBIKES AND FAST CARS AND FREE PORN & popcorn! and NACHOS!

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:14:16 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by Boomer in message

    > William Poaster said:
    >
    >> This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Fri, 22 Aug
    >> 2003 22:49:50 +0100, slumpy uttered this:
    >>
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't
    >>> you ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike°
    >>> continued:

    >>> It needed improving slightly ;-)

    >> Bloody title's getting longer than the thread! Heh.
    >>

    > Popcorn added. ;)

    Tex-Mex added.. :)

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 23, 2003
  16. William Poaster

    slumpy Guest

    Re: ** SEX **DRUGS & BEER!!! and ROCK & ROLL AND MOTORBIKES AND FAST CARS AND FREE PORN & popcorn! and NACHOS & Pickled Chilli Peppers

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as The Old Sourdough continued:

    >>> Bloody title's getting longer than the thread! Heh.
    >>>

    >> Popcorn added. ;)
    >>

    > Tex-Mex added.. :)

    It needed a bit more subtlety ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 23, 2003
  17. Howdy!

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    > Maybe if this thread grows in length (maybe 300 replies) <eg> someone
    > "might" notice your information?!

    Nope, that presumes that n00bs can read.

    > Or you could put "SEX" in the subject line. That seems to be an
    > attention getter. :)

    "FREE LESBIAN SEX THAT MAKES YOUR PENIS GROW LONGER WITH LARGER,
    FIRMER BOOBS AT 4.4% INTEREST!"

    I think that will hit all the hot points ... {grins}
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 23, 2003
  18. William Poaster

    Boomer Guest

    Ralph Wade Phillips said:

    > Howdy!
    >
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> Ralph Wade Phillips said:

    >> > "FREE LESBIAN SEX THAT MAKES YOUR PENIS GROW LONGER
    >> > WITH LARGER,
    >> > FIRMER BOOBS AT 4.4% INTEREST!"
    >> >
    >> > I think that will hit all the hot points ... {grins}

    >> LOL

    > I couldn't think of any way to get the Nigerian scam into
    > it. Or I
    > would have.
    >
    > Feel free to add it for the subject line ...
    >
    > RwP

    "FREE NIGERIAN LESBIAN SEX THAT MAKES YOUR PENIS GROW LONGER
    WITH LARGER, FIRMER BOOBS AT 4.4% INTEREST!"
    Boomer, Aug 24, 2003
  19. "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Ralph Wade Phillips said:
    >
    > > Howdy!
    > >
    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    > >> LOL

    > > I couldn't think of any way to get the Nigerian scam into
    > > it. Or I
    > > would have.
    > >
    > > Feel free to add it for the subject line ...
    > >
    > > RwP

    > "FREE NIGERIAN LESBIAN SEX THAT MAKES YOUR PENIS GROW LONGER
    > WITH LARGER, FIRMER BOOBS AT 4.4% INTEREST!"

    "How to turn 6 boobs into 6000"

    Hrmmm...that doesn't quite seem as enticing as the others. :p"

    --Tina
    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Aug 24, 2003
  20. William Poaster

    DC Guest

    On 24 Aug 2003 03:38:33 GMT, Boomer <> wrote:
    > Ralph Wade Phillips said:
    >
    >> Howdy!
    >>
    >> "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    >>> LOL

    >> I couldn't think of any way to get the Nigerian scam into
    >> it. Or I
    >> would have.
    >>
    >> Feel free to add it for the subject line ...
    >>
    >> RwP

    > "FREE NIGERIAN LESBIAN SEX THAT MAKES YOUR PENIS GROW LONGER
    > WITH LARGER, FIRMER BOOBS AT 4.4% INTEREST!"

    }8O0

    --
    DC

    New SCO licensing scheme in the works, morning headlines to read:
    "Customers buy license plates made by former SCO executives"
    DC, Aug 24, 2003