Re: So why is everyone showing up in 'my replies'?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Juan Pérez, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Juan Pérez

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Michael wrote:
    > Jim said:
    >
    > > Rifleman, *Mike* and now everyone else...everyone wants to be like

    me.
    > > I went to view>current view and it's set to "my replies" alright.

    But
    > > it aint workin! This ever happen to others?

    > What you're seeing is other people's replies to your messages.
    >
    > That's what that setting's for.
    >

    > In later versions of OE that view option's been renamed to "Show

    Replies to
    > My Messages"

    Nope, that wording also appears in OE5.

    >to avoid confusion. :)
    >
    > ((U))

    Tact, n.:
    The unsaid part of what you're thinking.
    --tu, mr. z

    Juan Pérez, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Juan Pérez

    Jim Guest

    Sorry, should have made it more clear. Here's an example. Same
    setting. The subject is "I want to replace OE6" I haven't even posted
    in this thread yet. But it's still showing up under "my replies" Is my
    OE damaged? This is OE 5.5 by the way. Thanks all who can assist.

    Jim, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Juan Pérez

    rifleman Guest

    Jim <> wrote:
    > Sorry, should have made it more clear. Here's an example. Same
    > setting. The subject is "I want to replace OE6" I haven't even
    > posted in this thread yet. But it's still showing up under "my
    > replies" Is my OE damaged? This is OE 5.5 by the way. Thanks all
    > who can assist.
    >
    > Juan Pérez <juan234@.5678spaz.spa> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Michael wrote:

    >>> What you're seeing is other people's replies to your messages.
    >>>
    >>> That's what that setting's for.
    >>>

    >>> In later versions of OE that view option's been renamed to "Show
    >>> Replies to My Messages"

    >> Nope, that wording also appears in OE5.
    >>
    >>> to avoid confusion. :)
    >>>
    >>> ((U))
    >>> M

    >> --
    >> Tact, n.:
    >> The unsaid part of what you're thinking.
    >> --tu, mr. z

    It's because everyone is using as their email address! I've
    just changed mine to for that very reason. (Although if
    you use Gravity, then the same effect does NOT happen!)

    --
    (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
    Google is your Friend

    rifleman, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Juan Pérez

    Michael Guest

    In <news:bfp3da$h7nik$-berlin.de>,
    Jim said:

    > Sorry, should have made it more clear. Here's an example. Same
    > setting. The subject is "I want to replace OE6" I haven't even
    > posted in this thread yet. But it's still showing up under "my
    > replies" Is my OE damaged? This is OE 5.5 by the way. Thanks all
    > who can assist.

    Ahhhhhh....

    No, your OE is not damaged (at least not more than normally).

    What the "Show replies to my messages" view will do is highlight *your*
    messages, so you can see the threads in which you've participated... and
    all replies to your own messages will be grouped below them.

    It will still display all the threads.

    ((U))

    > Juan Pérez <juan234@.5678spaz.spa> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Michael wrote:

    >>> What you're seeing is other people's replies to your messages.
    >>>
    >>> That's what that setting's for.
    >>>

    >>> In later versions of OE that view option's been renamed to "Show
    >>> Replies to My Messages"

    >> Nope, that wording also appears in OE5.
    >>
    >>> to avoid confusion. :)
    >>>
    >>> ((U))
    >>> M

    Michael, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Juan Pérez

    Jim Guest

    Well, that explains it. I'm glad at least my OE isn't broken! :)

    Jim, Jul 24, 2003
  6. Juan Pérez

    trout Guest

    rifleman wrote:
    <snip>

    > It's because everyone is using as their email address!
    > I've just changed mine to for that very reason.
    > (Although if you use Gravity, then the same effect does NOT happen!)

    Ah; I should have noticed that. However, I should point out that
    Privacy.net has set aside that range of addresses for a very specific
    purpose. Only that form of the address, with "me(number from 0 to
    9)@privacy.net" going to an auto-responder.
    Using any other form will just attract junk mail to a valid domain,
    and should be avoided like any other.
    Just do a quick search of the group; there are many of the numbers
    that are rarely (if ever) used.
    --
    "FYI."

    trout, Jul 24, 2003