Re: smcwbr14-G installation

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jeff@unknown.com, Jul 26, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I'm in. I had connected my cable from the PC to the wan port. When I
    connected the PC to a lan port, I go to the setup menu.

    Any advice about using this router as a wired access point?

    In the setup, for instance it asks about my connection type: I selected
    cable modem.
    It then asked for my hostname and I am not sure what to enter there. I get
    my internet through Cox cable via their modem. This access point will be
    connected by cable to my present Trendnet router.

    Thanks.

    Jeff

    wrote:
    > I have an old smcwbr14-G router that I want to install on an XP PC
    > and then use it as an additional wired access point but I can no
    > longer find its installation CD. I went to their website to see if I
    > could download it but all I could find to download is the manual.
    >
    > Is it possible to install a router without its setup CD?
    >
    > I reset it pressing on the reset button.
    > When I connect it (Ethernet cable) with my PC and go to
    > http://192.168.2.1/ (from the manual I downloaded) all I get is that
    > the browser cannot connect.
    >
    > Anything else I can do?
    >
    > Thanks