Re: Smart Media Card formatting

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by John, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:14:10 +1200, Megan Pledger
    <> wrote:

    Cant you just reformat the card?
    You can with my canon camera...

    John, Aug 30, 2003

  2. John wrote:

    > Megan Pledger wrote:
    >> I stuffed my smart media card when I was writing to it with low
    >>battery power.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know...
    >> 1) where in Auckland can I get it reformatted and
    >> 2) how much it would cost?

    > Cant you just reformat the card?
    > You can with my canon camera...

    I don't think I can but I'll double check. My camera is a slightly more
    advanced webcam so it hasn't got a lot of features.

    M.

    Megan Pledger, Aug 31, 2003

  3. John

    max Guest

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:34:35 +1200, Megan Pledger
    <> wrote:

    >John wrote:
    >
    >> Megan Pledger wrote:
    >>> I stuffed my smart media card when I was writing to it with low
    >>>battery power.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know...
    >>> 1) where in Auckland can I get it reformatted and
    >>> 2) how much it would cost?

    > > Cant you just reformat the card?
    > > You can with my canon camera...

    >I don't think I can but I'll double check. My camera is a slightly more
    >advanced webcam so it hasn't got a lot of features.
    >
    >M.

    Can you format it with a card reader. I perfer CF cards are they are
    less problematic.

    max, Aug 31, 2003
  4. John

    SteveM Guest

    Megan Pledger <> wrote in

    > max wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:34:35 +1200, Megan Pledger
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>I don't think I can but I'll double check. My camera is a slightly
    >>>more advanced webcam so it hasn't got a lot of features.
    >>>
    >>>M.
    >>>

    >> Can you format it with a card reader. I perfer CF cards are they are
    >> less problematic.
    >>

    > Essentially, that's what I am asking and where can I go to do it?
    >
    > M.

    Where in AK are you Megan?

    SteveM

    SteveM, Sep 4, 2003
  5. > >>> Megan Pledger wrote:

> [...]

    I stufed THREE cards on an Olympus C-40 when I put in new batteries without
    switching the camera off first. These cards could not be reformatted in any
    of my Olympus cameras, or by using the PCI smartmedia card adaptor in my
    laptop.

    Sorry.

    Henry

    Henry Falkner, Sep 4, 2003