Re: small tripod allowed in carry-on luggage?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Netmask, Jun 4, 2008.

  1. Netmask

    Netmask Guest

    "TH O" <tho@tho.23.invalid> wrote in message
    >I have a small 18 inch tripod which weights under 2 pounds. Would I have
    > any problem keeping that in my carryon bag? What about small compressed
    > air cans for cleaning lenses? (Beseler dustgun 100 - 2.5 oz can)
    >
    > Thanks.

    I've just returned to Australia after spending the last 2 weeks in NY and
    the advise given to me in Sydney was to pack the tripod in the check-in
    baggage as some security people think a tripod could be used as a weapon
    (depends on the size I guess) as for compressed air - forget it, compressed
    gases have long been banned on flights, checked or carry-on for years. I had
    no security issues either direction except for the size of my dentist
    recommended 'mouth wash' that was chucked by the Sydney security people
    being 20mls over the limit . In NY I found this particular mouth wash to be
    a prescription only product! catch 22.

    Netmask, Jun 4, 2008