Re: Small, Cheap, Voip Device

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Peter Watson, Feb 13, 2011.

  1. Peter Watson

    Peter Watson Guest

    On 13/02/2011 12:07, Me wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Looking for some suggestions.
    >
    > I have a Blackberry which does not come with a free native VOIP client -
    > that I am aware of anyway.
    >
    > I am looking for a small, light device (for travelling) that I can use
    > as a VOIP client.
    >
    > I guess something like an Ipod might be the answer, but I just wondered
    > if there were any other cheaper options. If the suggestion is a second
    > hand mobile phone, I would still not be using it as a mobile - as I have
    > my Blackberry, so it would not have a SIM card in. Would that still
    > allow the device to work as a VOIP client over wifi, or would I need a
    > SIM card in as well?
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    There are a couple of non-free VOIP applications that may be cheaper
    than a standalone box:

    http://www.blackvoib.com/ $30 14 day trial - I'm trying this out on a
    trip soon.

    http://www.fgmicrotec.com/ $19 - I couldn't get this to register with my