    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

    This link will show you some of the threads that have discussed:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com...com&rn=Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility Forum

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 17, 2010

  2. What chipset does your motherboard have? Trying to install software for
    other chipsets will not do anything.

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 18, 2010

  3. Dominic Payer, Jun 19, 2010
  4. If you install and run the Driver Update Utility it will scan your
    system and identify which Intel drivers you need to update.

    Dominic Payer, Jun 25, 2010
  5. You can get drivers for your board at
    http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx?kw=GA-EP43-UD3L.

    The problem may be that the external drive firmware is not fully
    compatible with Windows 7. Have you scanned the drive for errors?

    Dominic Payer, Jun 27, 2010