Re: slow offshore internet access

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, May 25, 2009.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-05-25, Trueone <> wrote:
    > Hi, for last few days I have had trouble connecting to any site overseas.
    > They all time out. I have no trouble with any local site. Today I cant
    > send any email to hotmail account from my ihug email account either. it
    > comes back rejected due to unsafe provider or to that effect. I am in
    > tauranga area and wondering if others have had problems.

    Some sites have been slow, others fine for me. I put it down to a phase
    which will pass. Still I have not had time outs

    Gordon, May 25, 2009

  2. Gordon

    Jack Spratt Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2009-05-25, Trueone <> wrote:
    >> Hi, for last few days I have had trouble connecting to any site overseas.
    >> They all time out. I have no trouble with any local site. Today I cant
    >> send any email to hotmail account from my ihug email account either. it
    >> comes back rejected due to unsafe provider or to that effect. I am in
    >> tauranga area and wondering if others have had problems.
    >>

    > Some sites have been slow, others fine for me. I put it down to a phase
    > which will pass. Still I have not had time outs

    Bit slow here too - especially news.motzarella.org which seems to take
    around 5-10 seconds to download a message body when clicked on.

    Jack Spratt, May 25, 2009

  3. Gordon

    trueone Guest

    "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2009-05-25, Trueone <> wrote:
    >>> Hi, for last few days I have had trouble connecting to any site
    >>> overseas.
    >>> They all time out. I have no trouble with any local site. Today I
    >>> cant
    >>> send any email to hotmail account from my ihug email account either. it
    >>> comes back rejected due to unsafe provider or to that effect. I am in
    >>> tauranga area and wondering if others have had problems.
    >>>

    >> Some sites have been slow, others fine for me. I put it down to a phase
    >> which will pass. Still I have not had time outs

    > Bit slow here too - especially news.motzarella.org which seems to take
    > around 5-10 seconds to download a message body when clicked on.

    okay thanks. i had tried 2 different computers with sam result.

    trueone, May 25, 2009