Re: Slow Burning

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by He who doth Slump a lot, Jun 21, 2003.

  1. "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing an
    intro and listened as Shep© said

    > You haven't told me if Nero Info tool says if your drives are using
    > DMA?
    > Use a bit of your web space,
    > http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/nero.jpg
    > is what mine looks like.
    > and my IDE setup,
    > http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/cdsetup.html
    > http://www.psheppard.karoo.net/ide.gif

    Would you believe all the settings were identical ?
    /scratches head...
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    He who doth Slump a lot, Jun 21, 2003

  2. He who doth Slump a lot

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:31:15 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    scutters "He who doth Slump a lot" <> wrote :

    >"Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing an
    >intro and listened as Shep© said
    >
    >> You haven't told me if Nero Info tool says if your drives are using
    >> DMA?
    >> Use a bit of your web space,
    >> http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/nero.jpg
    >> is what mine looks like.
    >> and my IDE setup,
    >> http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/cdsetup.html
    >> http://www.psheppard.karoo.net/ide.gif

    >Would you believe all the settings were identical ?
    >/scratches head...

    Got to be a hardware fault :/
    If under warranty return it.
    I've had to return two Cdr/W drives in the past because of various
    faults.1 Teac and 1 Ricoh.Never had a problem since I changed
    to,"Lite-on" :)

    -- Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jun 21, 2003

  3. "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing an
    intro and listened as Shep© said

    > Got to be a hardware fault :/
    > If under warranty return it.
    > I've had to return two Cdr/W drives in the past because of various
    > faults.1 Teac and 1 Ricoh.Never had a problem since I changed
    > to,"Lite-on" :)

    Going to try bartering with the manufacturer. Haven't even got the box now
    :-(
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    He who doth Slump a lot, Jun 21, 2003
  4. "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing an
    intro and listened as Shep© said

    > On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:44:20 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    > scutters "He who doth Slump a lot" <> wrote :
    >
    >> "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing
    >> an intro and listened as Shep© said
    >>
    >>> Got to be a hardware fault :/
    >>> If under warranty return it.
    >>> I've had to return two Cdr/W drives in the past because of various
    >>> faults.1 Teac and 1 Ricoh.Never had a problem since I changed
    >>> to,"Lite-on" :)

    >> Going to try bartering with the manufacturer. Haven't even got the
    >> box now :-(

    > I think you know yourself that 99% of the time you can bang a new
    > device in and it works,"Out-of-the-box" without problems :/

    I've installed 3 of these before and never had such erratic behaviour. Might
    buy another, switch boxes and take it back, and sell the replacement to
    someone I know who wants one...
    --
    slumpy
    no more