Re: Slingshot getting rid of Newsgroups

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 16, 2008.

  1. In article <>, Barry Lennox did
    write:

    > But what annoys me that apparently Slingshot is just "going to drop
    > it" without any reductions in fees.

    Imagine if it was a new service coming in, and they were going to bundle it
    for every user, with a concomitant increase in fees, without offering the
    choice? Would you complain or not?

    Case of hypocrisy, or not?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 16, 2008

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    greg Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <>, Barry Lennox did
    > write:
    >
    >> But what annoys me that apparently Slingshot is just "going to drop
    >> it" without any reductions in fees.

    > Imagine if it was a new service coming in, and they were going to bundle it
    > for every user, with a concomitant increase in fees, without offering the
    > choice? Would you complain or not?
    >
    > Case of hypocrisy, or not?

    Ihug tried that a number of years ago, they sent out a newsletter with
    the bill in the mail, and charged everyone $1 for it, next month after
    the ComCom had a go at them, they stopped charging for it.
    greg, Jul 16, 2008

  3. In article <g5k8ib$qvo$>, greg did write:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In article <>, Barry Lennox did
    >> write:
    >>
    >>> But what annoys me that apparently Slingshot is just "going to drop
    >>> it" without any reductions in fees.

    >> Imagine if it was a new service coming in, and they were going to bundle
    >> it for every user, with a concomitant increase in fees, without offering
    >> the choice? Would you complain or not?
    >>
    >> Case of hypocrisy, or not?

    > Ihug tried that a number of years ago, they sent out a newsletter with
    > the bill in the mail, and charged everyone $1 for it, next month after
    > the ComCom had a go at them, they stopped charging for it.

    Precisely. So the complaint is hypocrisy.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 18, 2008