Re: Slingshot getting rid of Newsgroups

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Katipo, Jul 15, 2008.

  1. Katipo

    Katipo Guest

    "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > As a result of my complaint to the Telecommunications Resolution
    > Tribunal I have had a call from Slingshot informing me that they plan
    > to drop newsgroups
    >
    > Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle Newsgroups.
    >

    > Patrick

    Never heard of Goggle Newsgroups :p

    Katipo, Jul 15, 2008

  2. Katipo

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:54:27 +1200, Katipo wrote:

    > "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle Newsgroups.
    >>

    > Never heard of Goggle Newsgroups :p

    The Google Web Interface sucks arse - not an option.

    -ws

    Will Spencer, Jul 15, 2008

  3. Katipo

    liberty Guest

    On Jul 16, 6:16 am, Patrick FitzGerald <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:54:27 +1200, "Katipo"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Never heard of Goggle Newsgroups :p

    > Neither  have I
    >
    > Patrick

    You know all about google groups Patty.
    Because I told you about them.
    When it appeared you were posting under different names.

    liberty, Jul 15, 2008
  4. Katipo

    liberty Guest

    On Jul 16, 8:30 am, Patrick FitzGerald <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:45:56 -0700 (PDT), liberty
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On Jul 16, 6:16 am, Patrick FitzGerald <> wrote:

    > >> Neither  have I

    > >> Patrick

    > >You know all about google groups Patty.
    > >Because I told you about them.

    > You needed  lessons in reading Lilly Berty Belle, the discussion is
    > about *Goggle*  not Google
    >
    > Patrick

    That’s ok Patty you can go and play on Goggle Groups.
    That is if you can find them.
    It will keep you amused until something more trivial comes along.
    Mean while it still appears you are using different names
    On Google groups .

    liberty, Jul 15, 2008
  5. Katipo

    A_ L _P Guest

    Will Spencer wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:54:27 +1200, Katipo wrote:
    >
    >> "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    >>> Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle
    >>> Newsgroups.
    >>>

    >> Never heard of Goggle Newsgroups :p

    > The Google Web Interface sucks arse - not an option.

    Agreed. IMO it's the "news client" substitute of last resort.

    A L P

    A_ L _P, Jul 16, 2008
  6. In article <>, Patrick FitzGerald
    did write:

    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:54:27 +1200, "Katipo"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle Newsgroups.

    >>Never heard of Goggle Newsgroups :p

    > Neither have I

    So why did you mention them?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 16, 2008
  7. Katipo

    liberty Guest

    On Jul 16, 1:12 pm, Patrick FitzGerald <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:07:38 -0700 (PDT), liberty
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Mean while it still appears you are using different names
    > >On  Google groups .

    > That is a lie
    >
    > Show us the evidence or apologise for being a nasty,  filthy, vile
    > obnoxious liar.
    >
    > Patrick

    After you settle down and compose your self.
    Have you worked out. how to use Google Groups yet?
    When you have. Have a look at your profile.
    Look at all the different posters Patty.
    Now I said "appears" I did not say "You are"
    There is a difference.
    You do appear to be a busy we poster.

    liberty, Jul 16, 2008
  8. Katipo

    liberty Guest

    On Jul 16, 3:13 pm, Patrick FitzGerald <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:19:08 -0700 (PDT), liberty
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >After you settle down and compose your self.
    > >Have you worked  out. how to use Google Groups yet?
    > >When you have.  Have a look at your  profile.
    > >Look at all the different posters Patty.
    > >Now  I said "appears"  I did not say "You are"
    > >There is a difference.
    > >You do appear  to be a busy we poster.

    > More of your nasty,  filthy, vile,  obnoxious  lies
    >
    > Put up or shut up
    >
    >  Show us the evidence or apologize for being a nasty,  filthy, vile
    >  obnoxious liar.
    >
    >  Patrick

    I see you are still having trouble working out how to use Google
    Groups.
    Maybe the day care manager could help.

    liberty, Jul 16, 2008
  9. Katipo

    liberty Guest

    On Jul 16, 4:57 pm, Patrick FitzGerald <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:48:57 -0700 (PDT), liberty
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >I see you are still having trouble working out how to use Google
    > >Groups.
    > > Maybe the day care manager could help.

    > More of your nasty,  filthy, vile,  obnoxious  lies and your silly
    > demented personal abuse
    >
    > Put up or shut up
    >
    >  Show us the evidence or apologize for being a nasty,  filthy, vile
    >  obnoxious liar.
    >
    >  Patrick

    Go have a look yourself

    http://groups.google.co.nz/groups/profile?hl=en&enc_user=A7B8_wcAAAC_4rE9kUHl8fVD5Rt7KTBh

    liberty, Jul 16, 2008
  10. Katipo <> wrote:

    > "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > As a result of my complaint to the Telecommunications Resolution
    > > Tribunal I have had a call from Slingshot informing me that they plan
    > > to drop newsgroups
    > >
    > > Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle Newsgroups.
    > >

    > > Patrick

    > Never heard of Goggle Newsgroups :p

    Ever heard of crap?

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jul 16, 2008
  11. Katipo

    Geopelia Guest

    "liberty" <> wrote in message
    On Jul 16, 8:30 am, Patrick FitzGerald <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:45:56 -0700 (PDT), liberty
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >On Jul 16, 6:16 am, Patrick FitzGerald <> wrote:

    > >> Neither have I

    > >> Patrick

    > >You know all about google groups Patty.
    > >Because I told you about them.

    > You needed lessons in reading Lilly Berty Belle, the discussion is
    > about *Goggle* not Google
    >
    > Patrick

    That’s ok Patty you can go and play on Goggle Groups.
    That is if you can find them.
    It will keep you amused until something more trivial comes along.
    Mean while it still appears you are using different names
    On Google groups .

    So there are newsgroups known as Goggle!
    My little brain begins to boggle.
    I don't think I will go there, chaps
    For Goggle could be full of "maps."

    Geopelia