Re: Slingshot getting rid of Newsgroups

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by greg, Jul 15, 2008.

  1. greg

    greg Guest

    Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

    > As a result of my complaint to the Telecommunications Resolution
    > Tribunal I have had a call from Slingshot informing me that they plan
    > to drop newsgroups
    >
    > Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle Newsgroups.
    >

    > Patrick

    Truth be known that ihug finally blocked their free feed, and they
    didn't want to pay actual money to get their own feed
    greg, Jul 15, 2008

  2. greg wrote:
    > Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
    >>
    >> As a result of my complaint to the Telecommunications Resolution
    >> Tribunal I have had a call from Slingshot informing me that they plan
    >> to drop newsgroups
    >> Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle Newsgroups.
    >>

    >> Patrick

    > Truth be known that ihug finally blocked their free feed, and they
    > didn't want to pay actual money to get their own feed

    Ihug does not exist! Blame it on Vodaphone. Take Vodaphone to the
    Disputes Tribunal for breach of contract.
    Roger Dewhurst, Jul 15, 2008

  3. In article <g5j2ol$4ms$>, Roger Dewhurst did write:

    > Ihug does not exist! Blame it on Vodaphone.

    If you want to be pedantic, "Vodaphone" doesn't exist either.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 16, 2008
  4. greg

    greg Guest

    Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    > greg wrote:
    >> Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
    >>>
    >>> As a result of my complaint to the Telecommunications Resolution
    >>> Tribunal I have had a call from Slingshot informing me that they plan
    >>> to drop newsgroups
    >>> Their solution is that Slingshot clients should use Goggle Newsgroups.
    >>>

    >>> Patrick

    >> Truth be known that ihug finally blocked their free feed, and they
    >> didn't want to pay actual money to get their own feed

    > Ihug does not exist! Blame it on Vodaphone. Take Vodaphone to the
    > Disputes Tribunal for breach of contract.

    Ihug still does exits, under the Vodafone group of companies
    greg, Jul 16, 2008
  5. In article <g5k1lv$mtu$>, greg did write:

    > Ihug still does exits ...

    What sort of exits? Motorway exits?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 16, 2008