Re: [ Slightly off topic ]

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gary G. Taylor, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. jo wrote:

    > If you are into winning free stuff,
    > call this number to enter the Verizon sweeps
    >
    > 1 866 SNAP WIN.
    >
    > It is free and you can enter once per day. They are giving away a
    > flat panel display and a few iPODS and Camera phones with a year worth of
    > free service.
    >
    > email me if you win so I can let everyone know. The call is free too!!!

    [pasted from another group:}

    > On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 03:59:04 GMT, "jo" <> wrote:
    >
    > >If you are into winning free stuff,
    > >call this number to enter the Verizon sweeps

    And let me guess.... once you've called or inquired with them they are free
    to ignore the official Do Not Call list for up to 18 MONTHS after the last
    said drawing. This is no different than the Coca Cola scam.

    On top of that, caller ID blocking doesn't work when calling toll-free
    numbers - by law.

    Time to find out who really owns that number and let a few consumer news
    outlets know what you're up to, spam-slime.

    http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/pending/callscam.asp

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Aug 20, 2003