Re: SKYPE and 'Blocked' Accounts...

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by tRuthvalue, Jan 24, 2007.

  1. tRuthvalue

    tRuthvalue Guest

    My Skype window currently says there are over 8 million people online.
    Knowing that often, you "Get what you pay for", I guess I can understand why
    Skype has now not replied to my 3 requests for help in over 5 DAYS, but
    it's unbelievable to me that I cannot find anyone in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    or uk.telecom.voip who knows WHO, HOW, WHY, WHERE or WHAT can cause "Your
    Skype Account has been BLOCKED!" One person suggested multiple account
    problems. I have only one Skype account and pay with Paypal!

    "tRuthvalue" <> wrote in message
    > I don't have access to a Usenet group with "skype" in the name, so I hope
    > this group is not inappropriate.
    >
    > I added 10 Euros to my SKYPE call phones account late Friday evening. It
    > was
    > not overdrawn; it now shows 11.32 Euros available. However, some time
    > Saturday, my account became unusable for calling phones of non-skype

    users.
    > I can skype with other skype users, but each time I try to "Call a phone",

    > get a RED message stating, "Your Skype account has been 'Blocked'"! When

    > log in to the Skype web site, this same RED message apears, and

    ironically,

    tRuthvalue, Jan 24, 2007

  2. tRuthvalue

    Jono Guest

    tRuthvalue laid this down on his screen :
    > My Skype window currently says there are over 8 million people online.
    > Knowing that often, you "Get what you pay for", I guess I can understand why
    > Skype has now not replied to my 3 requests for help in over 5 DAYS, but
    > it's unbelievable to me that I cannot find anyone in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > or uk.telecom.voip who knows WHO, HOW, WHY, WHERE or WHAT can cause "Your
    > Skype Account has been BLOCKED!" One person suggested multiple account
    > problems. I have only one Skype account and pay with Paypal!
    >
    > "tRuthvalue" <> wrote in message
    >> I don't have access to a Usenet group with "skype" in the name, so I hope
    >> this group is not inappropriate.
    >>
    >> I added 10 Euros to my SKYPE call phones account late Friday evening. It
    >> was
    >> not overdrawn; it now shows 11.32 Euros available. However, some time
    >> Saturday, my account became unusable for calling phones of non-skype users.
    >> I can skype with other skype users, but each time I try to "Call a phone", I
    >> get a RED message stating, "Your Skype account has been 'Blocked'"! When I
    >> log in to the Skype web site, this same RED message apears, and ironically,
    >> right underneath is a thank you for paying for the one year of unlimited
    >> service (US/Canada), and my 11.32 Euros credit for international calling.
    >>
    >> I submitted a query through their service web form about 48 hours ago, but
    >> have
    >> not yet received a response, and still can't call out. I cancelled my
    >> unlimited Verizon landline service, so now we are having to pay other
    >> carriers for local AND long distance! :-(
    >>
    >> WHO, WHAT, WHY is "BLOCKED"? !!

    I experienced the same thing. Lost around £12. No reply from Skype.
    Don't use it anymore.

    I have for some time now, refused to use anything with time-limited
    credit, as a direct result of Skype's trickery.

    Jono, Jan 24, 2007

  3. tRuthvalue

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:40:43 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >tRuthvalue laid this down on his screen :
    >> My Skype window currently says there are over 8 million people online.
    >> Knowing that often, you "Get what you pay for", I guess I can understand why
    >> Skype has now not replied to my 3 requests for help in over 5 DAYS, but
    >> it's unbelievable to me that I cannot find anyone in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >> or uk.telecom.voip who knows WHO, HOW, WHY, WHERE or WHAT can cause "Your
    >> Skype Account has been BLOCKED!" One person suggested multiple account
    >> problems. I have only one Skype account and pay with Paypal!
    >>
    >> "tRuthvalue" <> wrote in message
    >>> I don't have access to a Usenet group with "skype" in the name, so I hope
    >>> this group is not inappropriate.
    >>>
    >>> I added 10 Euros to my SKYPE call phones account late Friday evening. It
    >>> was
    >>> not overdrawn; it now shows 11.32 Euros available. However, some time
    >>> Saturday, my account became unusable for calling phones of non-skype users.
    >>> I can skype with other skype users, but each time I try to "Call a phone", I
    >>> get a RED message stating, "Your Skype account has been 'Blocked'"! When I
    >>> log in to the Skype web site, this same RED message apears, and ironically,
    >>> right underneath is a thank you for paying for the one year of unlimited
    >>> service (US/Canada), and my 11.32 Euros credit for international calling.
    >>>
    >>> I submitted a query through their service web form about 48 hours ago, but
    >>> have
    >>> not yet received a response, and still can't call out. I cancelled my
    >>> unlimited Verizon landline service, so now we are having to pay other
    >>> carriers for local AND long distance! :-(
    >>>
    >>> WHO, WHAT, WHY is "BLOCKED"? !!

    >I experienced the same thing. Lost around £12. No reply from Skype.
    >Don't use it anymore.
    >
    >I have for some time now, refused to use anything with time-limited
    >credit, as a direct result of Skype's trickery.

    Look at it this way. Virtually all the people you chat to on Skype
    will have a standard telephone. Get yourself sorted with a SIP
    provider, and some gear, and you'll still be able to call them at very
    cheap prices, or for free if they are on SIP too.
    If you then don't like the SIP proviider you are with then there are
    lots more out there - with Skype - you have Skype and you are a very
    small cog in their wheel. It can be very frustrating dealing with some
    organisations.
    If you are having all this trouble with Skype now then ask yourself if
    you are likely to risk putting more money into your account. If 'no'
    then you might as well cut your losses now and move on - less
    stressful that way.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jan 24, 2007
  4. tRuthvalue

    Jono Guest

    Brian A expressed precisely :
    > On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:40:43 GMT, Jono <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> tRuthvalue laid this down on his screen :
    >>> My Skype window currently says there are over 8 million people online.
    >>> Knowing that often, you "Get what you pay for", I guess I can understand
    >>> why Skype has now not replied to my 3 requests for help in over 5 DAYS, but
    >>> it's unbelievable to me that I cannot find anyone in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >>> or uk.telecom.voip who knows WHO, HOW, WHY, WHERE or WHAT can cause "Your
    >>> Skype Account has been BLOCKED!" One person suggested multiple account
    >>> problems. I have only one Skype account and pay with Paypal!
    >>>
    >>> "tRuthvalue" <> wrote in message

    >> I experienced the same thing. Lost around £12. No reply from Skype.
    >> Don't use it anymore.
    >>
    >> I have for some time now, refused to use anything with time-limited
    >> credit, as a direct result of Skype's trickery.
    >>

    > Look at it this way. Virtually all the people you chat to on Skype
    > will have a standard telephone. Get yourself sorted with a SIP
    > provider, and some gear, and you'll still be able to call them at very
    > cheap prices, or for free if they are on SIP too.
    > If you then don't like the SIP proviider you are with then there are
    > lots more out there - with Skype - you have Skype and you are a very
    > small cog in their wheel. It can be very frustrating dealing with some
    > organisations.
    > If you are having all this trouble with Skype now then ask yourself if
    > you are likely to risk putting more money into your account. If 'no'
    > then you might as well cut your losses now and move on - less
    > stressful that way.
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    ;-) I hope you're talking to the OP & not me! Been using asterisk now
    for over a year - using "proper SIP"

    Jono, Jan 24, 2007
  5. tRuthvalue

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:05:48 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Brian A expressed precisely :
    >> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:40:43 GMT, Jono <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> tRuthvalue laid this down on his screen :

    >>> I experienced the same thing. Lost around £12. No reply from Skype.
    >>> Don't use it anymore.
    >>>
    >>> I have for some time now, refused to use anything with time-limited
    >>> credit, as a direct result of Skype's trickery.
    >>>

    >> Look at it this way. Virtually all the people you chat to on Skype
    >> will have a standard telephone. Get yourself sorted with a SIP
    >> provider, and some gear, and you'll still be able to call them at very
    >> cheap prices, or for free if they are on SIP too.
    >> If you then don't like the SIP proviider you are with then there are
    >> lots more out there - with Skype - you have Skype and you are a very
    >> small cog in their wheel. It can be very frustrating dealing with some
    >> organisations.
    >> If you are having all this trouble with Skype now then ask yourself if
    >> you are likely to risk putting more money into your account. If 'no'
    >> then you might as well cut your losses now and move on - less
    >> stressful that way.
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >;-) I hope you're talking to the OP & not me! Been using asterisk now
    >for over a year - using "proper SIP"

    NO definitely NOT talking about you Jono - I do know that you are one
    of the 'regulars' on this group and that Asterisk is one of your
    specialities. :)
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jan 24, 2007
  6. tRuthvalue

    tRuthvalue Guest

    Thanks for your comments...

    My skype setup had been working fine for over a year. It's only since I
    opted for the 1 year unlimited plan (CANADA/US) that this "Blocked"
    condition occured. I've been able to view video and audio from the UK and
    Japan, with no hitches. The free "skype" connections with friends still
    works fine. I want to know "WHAT" is wrong! It may sound paranoid, but
    I've even wondered if Bush put me on a "List!" Hopefully, they're just
    working out the bugs in their new billing system. In the meantime, it's very
    frustrating NOT KNOWING what's going on. I was hoping to find at least one
    other person in the same boat as me here.

    tRuthvalue, Jan 25, 2007
  7. tRuthvalue

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:06:49 -0500, "tRuthvalue" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks for your comments...
    >
    >My skype setup had been working fine for over a year. It's only since I
    >opted for the 1 year unlimited plan (CANADA/US) that this "Blocked"
    >condition occured. I've been able to view video and audio from the UK and
    >Japan, with no hitches. The free "skype" connections with friends still
    >works fine. I want to know "WHAT" is wrong! It may sound paranoid, but
    >I've even wondered if Bush put me on a "List!" Hopefully, they're just
    >working out the bugs in their new billing system. In the meantime, it's very
    >frustrating NOT KNOWING what's going on. I was hoping to find at least one
    >other person in the same boat as me here.

    There are people who use Skype that use this group but mostly it is
    frequented by people interested in SIP or IAX. Most of the people who
    solely use Skype tend to be less technical oriented so are less likely
    to be able to help anyway.

    I trust that you have already tried
    http://forum.skype.com/
    Some of the Skype hierarchy are likley to be looking in on the forums
    or you may be able to post to one of them directly.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jan 25, 2007