Re: Skip Intro...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Plato, Jun 21, 2003.

  1. Plato

    Plato Guest

    He who doth Slump a lot wrote:

    > How many people seriously sit and wait for some annoying flash thing to load
    > when the option 'skip intro' is blinking away in their faces ?
    > On my patchy diallup it can be extremely irritating....and mostly they're
    > crap too...

    I'm on a 26.6. Do you think I wait? [g]

    Plato, Jun 21, 2003

  2. "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing an
    intro and listened as Plato said

    > He who doth Slump a lot wrote:
    >>
    >> How many people seriously sit and wait for some annoying flash thing
    >> to load when the option 'skip intro' is blinking away in their faces
    >> ?
    >> On my patchy diallup it can be extremely irritating....and mostly
    >> they're crap too...

    > I'm on a 26.6. Do you think I wait? [g]

    I rarely do, unless someone recommends it.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    He who doth Slump a lot, Jun 21, 2003

  3. Plato

    Richard Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > He who doth Slump a lot wrote:
    > >
    > > How many people seriously sit and wait for some annoying flash thing to

    load
    > > when the option 'skip intro' is blinking away in their faces ?
    > > On my patchy diallup it can be extremely irritating....and mostly

    they're
    > > crap too...

    > I'm on a 26.6. Do you think I wait? [g]

    I'm on cable and sometimes they still load slow.

    Richard, Jun 22, 2003
  4. Plato

    Plato Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > > I'm on a 26.6. Do you think I wait? [g]

    > I'm on cable and sometimes they still load slow.

    Then theres the people who put 250K worth of graphics, sometimes just
    one 250K picture on their home page. Of course, they view it at home and
    it loads instantly as it's in cache and they think it loads up just
    fine.

    Or how about those pages that have to connect to two dozen other pcs on
    the internet to get data for their page to load. Just one slow
    connection of the 2 dozen can make you sit there and wait.

    Plato, Jun 22, 2003