Re: Sitting 70-228 tomorrow...

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by The Rev [MCT], Mar 3, 2006.

  1. Multiple choice.

    You will have to be strong in T-SQL and have a good understanding of
    normalize/denormalize. Also readup on execution plans.

    Good luck, it's not the roughest exam in the bunch, but it isn't exactly a
    cake walk either.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Mar 3, 2006

  2. The Rev [MCT]

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "The Rev [MCT]" <> say in

    > Multiple choice.
    >
    > You will have to be strong in T-SQL and have a good understanding of
    > normalize/denormalize. Also readup on execution plans.
    >
    > Good luck, it's not the roughest exam in the bunch, but it isn't
    > exactly a cake walk either.

    isn't 228 the admin exam? the design exam (229) is way worse than admin
    true, but 228/229 isn't as bad as the new ones will likely be (447 for
    example).

    you should still know the T-SQL for the DDL stuff such as database and
    table creation and a bit on security, SPs and the like for the T-SQL too.
    You should also know your Replication components, DTS and SQL Server
    Agent schtuff...

    Good luck (even though you appear in another poast to be a wennie)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Linux: because rebooting is for adding new hardware.
    Neil, Mar 3, 2006

  3. Is funny though. I'm an admin and not big on coding. I actually did better
    on 229 than I did on 228. I always thought that was funny.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Mar 3, 2006
  4. The Rev [MCT]

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Is funny though. I'm an admin and not big on coding. I actually did better
    >on 229 than I did on 228. I always thought that was funny.

    I thought a lot of the questions in the exams could have been in
    either.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 6, 2006