Re: Sipgate

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Roger Bell_West, Nov 15, 2013.

  1. On 2013-11-15, MarkieMix wrote:
    >Does the US closure mean the german and/or UK operations for
    >non-professional VOIP, will close?

    I don't suppose they've decided yet. They still seem to be taking
    signups, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything...
    Roger Bell_West, Nov 15, 2013

  2. Roger Bell_West

    Graham. Guest

    On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:51:47 +0000 (UTC), Roger Bell_West
    <> wrote:

    >On 2013-11-15, MarkieMix wrote:
    >>Does the US closure mean the german and/or UK operations for
    >>non-professional VOIP, will close?

    >I don't suppose they've decided yet. They still seem to be taking
    >signups, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything...

    The US and UK Sipgate culture is (was) quite different. The UK brand
    seems content to let you freeload & enjoy a free geographic number
    without any threat to reclaim and reissue it through lack of use.

    Probably a regulatory FCC thing in the US, ipkall and callcentric
    number also expire.

    I had a difficult time sign up for sipgate.com IIRC I had to use a
    proxy server.
    I had two accounts, and one of them had an undocumented feature, I
    could set up two Skype usernames as "extensions" (outgoing only).

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Nov 15, 2013