Re: sipgate vs voipfone

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ivor Jones, May 8, 2005.

  1. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "keymaster" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Hi
    > thanks, this is a bonus, I dont mind the £9.99 as u get 500 minutes a
    > month call time included.
    > i will have a look at sipgate tho
    > cheers
    > Roy

    With Sipgate you get 1000 minutes a month for £5.90 but I personally see
    little need to pay this as it's not really worth it unless you really need
    to call that many people..! At 1.19p/min on the PAYG system why pay for
    time you might not use..? Most of my calls on Sipgate are to other users
    of the system which are free.

    Sipgate has had more than its fair share of problems but it does seem to
    have stabilised now and call quality is excellent.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 8, 2005

  2. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Sun, 8 May 2005 15:59:46 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:
    >With Sipgate you get 1000 minutes a month for £5.90 but I personally see
    >little need to pay this

    Come on Ivor you forgot to mention you cannot possibly pay 5.90 a
    month Sipgate only accept payments of ten pounds this is my main
    grumble regarding Sipgate .

    , May 8, 2005

  3. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 8 May 2005 15:59:46 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >>With Sipgate you get 1000 minutes a month for £5.90 but I personally see
    >>little need to pay this

    > Come on Ivor you forgot to mention you cannot possibly pay 5.90 a
    > month Sipgate only accept payments of ten pounds this is my main
    > grumble regarding Sipgate .

    £5.90 per month is for the 1000 minutes option.

    True the min. payment is a tenner but if you're going to spend 5.90 per
    month it's less than 2 months. In fact the min. payment used to be £20 per
    month so think yourself lucky <g>

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 8, 2005
  4. Ivor Jones

    JGN Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 8 May 2005 15:59:46 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>>With Sipgate you get 1000 minutes a month for £5.90 but I personally see
    >>>little need to pay this

    >> Come on Ivor you forgot to mention you cannot possibly pay 5.90 a
    >> month Sipgate only accept payments of ten pounds this is my main
    >> grumble regarding Sipgate .

    > £5.90 per month is for the 1000 minutes option.
    >
    > True the min. payment is a tenner but if you're going to spend 5.90 per
    > month it's less than 2 months. In fact the min. payment used to be £20 per
    > month so think yourself lucky <g>
    >
    > Ivor

    As I understand it and as a new Sipgate customer, you start your account
    with a tenner and then you have access to Sipgate 1000 which is 1000mins for
    £5.90 per month. Unused minutes roll over. That is very cheap...

    cheers,

    John

    JGN, Jun 4, 2005
  5. Ivor Jones

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 4 Jun 2005, JGN writes

    >As I understand it and as a new Sipgate customer, you start your account
    >with a tenner and then you have access to Sipgate 1000 which is 1000mins for
    >£5.90 per month. Unused minutes roll over.

    Their web page specifically states that unused minutes are NOT rolled
    over!

    DF

    David Floyd, Jun 4, 2005
  6. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    JGN wrote:

    [snip]

    > As I understand it and as a new Sipgate customer, you start your
    > account with a tenner and then you have access to Sipgate 1000
    > which is 1000mins for £5.90 per month. Unused minutes roll over.
    > That is very cheap...

    Sorry, you have it wrong - unused credit does *not* roll over on Sipgate
    1000. It is only of value if you will use all or nearly all of 1000
    minutes a month.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 4, 2005
  7. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > JGN wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > > As I understand it and as a new Sipgate customer, you start your
    > > account with a tenner and then you have access to Sipgate 1000
    > > which is 1000mins for £5.90 per month. Unused minutes roll over.
    > > That is very cheap...

    > Sorry, you have it wrong - unused credit does *not* roll over on Sipgate
    > 1000. It is only of value if you will use all or nearly all of 1000
    > minutes a month.
    >
    > Ivor

    with the new package builder thingy on www.voipfone.co.uk you can have
    500, 1000, 2000 minutes and it works out to about 0.009p a minute I
    just bought the 1000 minutes for £9.99 so I can call my sister in
    Australia at any time for just under 1p

    Well chuffed :)

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Jun 4, 2005