Re: Sipgate Text messages?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Peter Watson, Feb 9, 2013.

  1. Peter Watson

    Peter Watson Guest

    On 13/01/2013 00:31, Michael Chare wrote:
    > Can an sms enabled landline phone connected to sipgate via a Linksys
    > adapter send and receive text messages - as text messages?
    >
    > I appears that I can receive text messages as voicemail.

    Very late reply but...

    I have a Siemens Gigaset DECT phone registered with Sipgate with a UK
    geographic number and I get SMS messages sent it OK. I don't think
    outgoing messages work though.

    Not quite the same as using an ATA of course.

    Peter Watson, Feb 9, 2013

  2. Peter Watson

    Peter Watson Guest

    On 10/02/2013 13:56, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
    > "Peter Watson"<> wrote in message

    >> Very late reply but...
    >>
    >> I have a Siemens Gigaset DECT phone registered with Sipgate with a UK
    >> geographic number and I get SMS messages sent to it OK. I don't think
    >> outgoing messages work though.
    >>
    >> Not quite the same as using an ATA of course.

    > This might work if the number is with Sipgate.
    >
    > My ported (to Voipfone) geographic number nevertheless gets intercepted by
    > BT and turned into voicemail and an SMS to 0560xxxxxx is rejected by O2.

    Interesting - My number is an ex-BT number ported to Sipgate.

    Peter Watson, Feb 10, 2013