Re: Sipgate - SOS Calls

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Koos van den Hout, Sep 22, 2008.

  1. Pigeon <> wrote in <>:
    > Just logged into a Sipgate account that I don't use that much to check my
    > balance and noticed an "Emergency" tab which asked for my address details
    > presumably to validate for 112/999 calls.

    > BTW: How do they know where you are actualy fiscally located on VOIP at the
    > time of the call? Just windered.

    The idea is probably that if you manage to get your phone off-hook and
    dial the emergency number but aren't able to utter any words that the
    emergency services have an address to go to as a best guess. What happens
    if you are completely able to tell that you are in a house in a totally
    different location or even country but there is a genuine emergency in
    that place is another story.

    Koos

    --
    Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 via keyservers
    4all.nl or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5

    Koos van den Hout, Sep 22, 2008