Re: Sipgate contacts and caller ID

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Chris Davies, Oct 6, 2012.

  1. Chris Davies

    Chris Davies Guest

    alexd <> wrote:
    > I created a few contacts on the Sipgate site some time ago, but it's just
    > occurred to me that they never send the caller ID to me when a call comes in
    > from a contact, or Asterisk isn't handling it, has anyone experienced
    > otherwise?

    I get CLI from Sipgate regardless of whether or not it's from a Contact
    defined on the website.

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Oct 6, 2012

  2. Chris Davies

    Owain Guest

    On Oct 6, 1:00 pm, Chris Davies wrote:
    > I get CLI from Sipgate regardless of whether or not it's from a Contact
    > defined on the website.

    Agreed.

    The Contact information appears on the Sipgate website call records,
    and I think it may come in the voicemail emails but I'm not sure.

    However AFAIK only the number is sent as caller ID to the phone; if
    you want on-phone names you'll need to program them into the phone's
    address book.

    Owain

    Owain, Oct 7, 2012

  3. Owain wrote:
    > On Oct 6, 1:00 pm, Chris Davies wrote:
    >> I get CLI from Sipgate regardless of whether or not it's from a Contact
    >> defined on the website.

    > Agreed.
    >
    > The Contact information appears on the Sipgate website call records,
    > and I think it may come in the voicemail emails but I'm not sure.
    >
    > However AFAIK only the number is sent as caller ID to the phone; if
    > you want on-phone names you'll need to program them into the phone's
    > address book.

    Or do what I do, get a small AGI script to look it up on a database and
    change it when the call comes in.

    Thomas Kenyon, Oct 9, 2012