Re: SIP Telephone numbers

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer, Aug 30, 2006.

  1. "NicHughes" <> wrote in message
    > Yaz wrote:
    > > How is it possible for SIP VOIP providers to be able to
    > > provide you with a different countries landline number
    > > terminated to a SIP account. eg an German number in
    > > the UK.

    > The general case is that once you have a VOIP enabled
    > number you can utilise it from anywhere, that it part of
    > the benefit the IP part of VOIP gives you.
    >
    > To an extent Germany is an exception, they will not give
    > out geographic numbers in the first place unless you are
    > a resident. Of course once you have one you could conect
    > to it from anywhere in the world you have IP access and
    > suitable VOIP equipment. I get the feeling the German
    > regulators disapprove of such things, perhaps someone has
    > a better understanding of the German regulatory attitude.

    The Germans are strange people ;-)

    You could try giving a friend's address if you know anyone
    there, it all depends on how stringent the checks are. I did
    it that way, but YMMV.

    KF

    Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer, Aug 30, 2006

  2. Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer

    Yaz Guest

    "Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer" <> wrote > You could try
    giving a friend's address if you know anyone
    > there, it

    Not looking for German but Mozambican numbers.

    Yaz

    Yaz, Aug 31, 2006

  3. Yaz wrote:
    > "Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer" <> wrote > You could try
    > giving a friend's address if you know anyone
    >> there, it

    > Not looking for German but Mozambican numbers.
    >
    > Yaz

    You could try: http://www.voipproviderslist.com/voip-provider/dotcom/

    But in honesty, if your having a physical location in Mozambique why not
    have a real telephone connection ie ISDN or similar. This could be
    connected to an Asterisk PBX which has the UK VOIP number registered as
    a separate Trunk (ie Sipgate).

    Daviey Walker, Aug 31, 2006