Re: sinister cinema logo infects entire movie!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by gerry, Apr 5, 2009.

  1. gerry

    gerry Guest

    On Apr 4, 5:46 pm, weary flake <> wrote:
    > This is a warning against purchasing Sinister Cinema's
    > edition of The Bat (1926), as the "S C" logo infects
    > the entire movie!; OK, I exaggerate, the first 45 minutes
    > of it.  This is unacceptable.   They appear to have "cornered
    > the market" in this movie, perhaps explaining why their logo
    > (advertising during the movie) is so extreme in this movie,
    > because they can get away with it.
    >
    > Are there any reviews anywhere on the sinister practice of
    > deliberately placing bugs in films on dvd, with specific
    > examples?

    The 1998 Delta release of Charles Bronson: Cabo Blanco/U.S. Marshal
    has the Delta logo popping up every 10 minutes or so. In the teens,
    as I recall, the Selig company would put their studio name somewhere
    on the set, say as the name of the safe company on a safe prop in a
    train baggage car. Or something similar. In the case of Delta, which
    released DVDs under the name Laserlight, I don't know how they managed
    to get Tony Curtis to make a brief and pointless introduction to Cabo
    Blanco. Money down the drain for a pretty bad copy of a pretty bad
    movie. That bug was the capper.

    gerry, Apr 5, 2009

  2. gerry

    nick Guest

    On Apr 5, 10:27 am, gerry <> wrote:
    > On Apr 4, 5:46 pm, weary flake <> wrote:
    >
    > > This is a warning against purchasing Sinister Cinema's
    > > edition of The Bat (1926), as the "S C" logo infects
    > > the entire movie!; OK, I exaggerate, the first 45 minutes
    > > of it.  This is unacceptable.   They appear to have "cornered
    > > the market" in this movie, perhaps explaining why their logo
    > > (advertising during the movie) is so extreme in this movie,
    > > because they can get away with it.

    > > Are there any reviews anywhere on the sinister practice of
    > > deliberately placing bugs in films on dvd, with specific
    > > examples?

    > The 1998 Delta release of Charles Bronson: Cabo Blanco/U.S. Marshal
    > has the Delta logo popping up every 10 minutes or so.  In the teens,
    > as I recall, the Selig company would put their studio name somewhere
    > on the set, say as the name of the safe company on a safe prop in a
    > train baggage car.  Or something similar.  In the case of Delta, which
    > released DVDs under the name Laserlight, I don't know how they managed
    > to get Tony Curtis to make a brief and pointless introduction to Cabo
    > Blanco.  Money down the drain for a pretty bad copy of a pretty bad
    > movie.  That bug was the capper.

    Laserlight DVDs with the Tony Curtis intros, one of Tom Sutpen's
    guilty pleasures.

    nick, Apr 5, 2009