Re: sinister cinema logo infects entire movie!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Derek Janssen, Apr 5, 2009.

  1. weary flake wrote:

    > Are there any reviews anywhere on the sinister practice of
    > deliberately placing bugs in films on dvd, with specific
    > examples?

    Not with Legitimate companies--

    If you go Grey-market, you take what you get. That's the rule.

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Apr 5, 2009

  2. Derek Janssen

    nick Guest

    On Apr 4, 8:12 pm, Derek Janssen <> wrote:
    > weary flake wrote:
    >
    > > Are there any reviews anywhere on the sinister practice of
    > > deliberately placing bugs in films on dvd, with specific
    > > examples?

    > Not with Legitimate companies--
    >
    > If you go Grey-market, you take what you get.  That's the rule.

    And as I understand it, the use of the logo isn't *advertising*, it's
    to discourage other grey-market companies from using that dupe of the
    film. (Which doesn't always work. Case in point, a legit DVD
    release I watched last night had bonus trailers of exploitation oldies
    included and one or two of them had the SWV logo in the bottom right
    hand corner of the screen.)
    nick, Apr 5, 2009