Re: ? Signature required by vendors

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Roger Halstead, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 02:37:30 GMT, "Don Coon"
    <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:

    >What's the group's opinion regarding vendors requiring their shipper to
    >obtain a signature upon delivery?

    As I am gone a lot, but not for long, I tell the vendor to "Either
    leave it without a signature, or if they have to have a signature
    leave it at the neighbors, but the odds are it won't get delivered.

    I will not drive to the shippers and pick it up and I pay by credit
    card so if I don't get it they don't get paid.

    >I was burned twice this month by this policy. Today by Buydig (FedEx) and a
    >few weeks ago by Outpost (Airborne Express.)
    >
    >In the same month B&H, Amazon, Newegg, Adorama, Golf Smith, and a few less
    >commonly known vendors managed to get by with having the package left in my
    >garage or front porch.
    >
    >Just wondering who to put on my "Do not buy from" list.

    I just let them know right up front, if it requires a signature I
    most likely will not get it and they won't get paid.

    That way we can either do business, or I can go elsewhere.

    www.rogerhalstead.com
    N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

    Roger Halstead, Jul 11, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Roger Halstead <> wrote:

    > >What's the group's opinion regarding vendors requiring their shipper to
    > >obtain a signature upon delivery?

    I prefer them to the vendors whose shippers leave expensive camera
    equipment in plain sight on the front doorstep without checking that
    anyone's home to take it in to safety.

    David Eppstein, Jul 11, 2003