Re: ? Signature required by vendors

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Don Coon, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Don Coon

    Don Coon Guest

    "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > There is always the choice of going to a brick and mortar store, buying

    from
    > them at the store. Also there are stores where you can buy online and pick

    up
    > at the store (Office Depot, Circuit City, etc).
    >
    > Rosita

    For at least $63 more in this case ($202 from buydig; $265 locally after
    sales tax) -- that's 31% more! It' a Canon A60 case you're wondering.
    Don Coon, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Don Coon <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:
    >"HRosita" <> wrote in message
    >> There is always the choice of going to a brick and mortar store, buying

    >from
    >> them at the store. Also there are stores where you can buy online and pick

    >For at least $63 more in this case ($202 from buydig; $265 locally after
    >sales tax) -- that's 31% more! It' a Canon A60 case you're wondering.

    Well, that's how it goes. If you want them to spend more on shipping
    and losses, you need to be prepared to pay for it. Given your retired
    status, this all seems a bit whiny. I don't have the luxury of being
    home or having a suitable place for them to leave it. Sometimes that means
    it's more convenient to pay more in a physical store.
    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com
    Jason O'Rourke, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Don Coon

    Don Coon Guest

    "Jason O'Rourke" <> wrote in message
    > Don Coon <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:
    > >"HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > >> There is always the choice of going to a brick and mortar store, buying

    > >from
    > >> them at the store. Also there are stores where you can buy online and

    pick
    > >For at least $63 more in this case ($202 from buydig; $265 locally after
    > >sales tax) -- that's 31% more! It' a Canon A60 case you're wondering.

    > Well, that's how it goes. If you want them to spend more on shipping
    > and losses, you need to be prepared to pay for it. Given your retired
    > status, this all seems a bit whiny. I don't have the luxury of being
    > home or having a suitable place for them to leave it. Sometimes that

    means
    > it's more convenient to pay more in a physical store.
    > --
    > Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

    Sorry it came across "whiny" to you; I was pissed and I don't equate that
    to whiny.

    What I really wanted to assess was what others thought and I found out.
    Unfortunately, there are a number of people who seem to look for postings to
    pounce on without contributing an iota of constructive feedback.

    That's how it goes. It might be "more convenient to pay more in a physical
    store" but a hell of a lot more expensive.

    Cheers
    Don Coon, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Don Coon <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:
    >What I really wanted to assess was what others thought and I found out.
    >Unfortunately, there are a number of people who seem to look for postings to
    >pounce on without contributing an iota of constructive feedback.

    I'm sorry if "nothing in life is free" didn't seem constructive. The amount
    of ecommerce fraud is nothing small, and it seems like VISA manages to
    dump a lot of the suffering back on the vendors.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com
    Jason O'Rourke, Jul 11, 2003