Re: Sign the petition for public health care

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by NormanM, Sep 5, 2009.

  1. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:36:17 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > Or if you're a Beck/Limbaugh fan, just move along. I'm sure the
    > insurance companies will send you a huge check.

    What fantasy are you selling now?

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come
    NormanM, Sep 5, 2009

  2. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 20:14:09 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > NormanM wrote:

    >> On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:36:17 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    >>> Or if you're a Beck/Limbaugh fan, just move along. I'm sure the
    >>> insurance companies will send you a huge check.

    >> What fantasy are you selling now?

    > A public option.

    "I am from the Godvernment, and I am here to help you".

    No, thank you. My God is better than yours.

    NormanM, Sep 6, 2009

  3. NormanM

    NotMe Guest

    "Rôgêr" <

    the costs of malpractice cases and the
    : resulting insurance rates keep spiraling up, as of now there is no end
    : in sight.

    Medmal and tort reform are false targets. medmal is <2% of cost so a 50%
    drop in tort awards would mean less than 1% at the bottom line.

    One thing that is on the insurance industry radar is the proposals to
    eliminate the insurance industry yard pass of ERISSA exemptions. That alone
    is worth billions.
    NotMe, Sep 6, 2009
  4. NormanM

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:18:41 -0500, "NotMe" <> wrote:

    >"Rôgêr" <
    >
    > the costs of malpractice cases and the
    >: resulting insurance rates keep spiraling up, as of now there is no end
    >: in sight.
    >
    >Medmal and tort reform are false targets. medmal is <2% of cost so a 50%
    >drop in tort awards would mean less than 1% at the bottom line.
    >
    >One thing that is on the insurance industry radar is the proposals to
    >eliminate the insurance industry yard pass of ERISSA exemptions. That alone
    >is worth billions.

    What is ERISSA? Did you mean ERISA?
    joevan, Sep 6, 2009
  5. NormanM

    NotMe Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    : On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:18:41 -0500, "NotMe" <> wrote:
    :
    : >
    : >"Rôgêr" <
    : >
    : > the costs of malpractice cases and the
    : >: resulting insurance rates keep spiraling up, as of now there is no end
    : >: in sight.
    : >
    : >Medmal and tort reform are false targets. medmal is <2% of cost so a 50%
    : >drop in tort awards would mean less than 1% at the bottom line.
    : >
    : >One thing that is on the insurance industry radar is the proposals to
    : >eliminate the insurance industry yard pass of ERISSA exemptions. That
    alone
    : >is worth billions.
    : >
    : What is ERISSA? Did you mean ERISA?

    The extra "S" ... something for everyone.
    NotMe, Sep 6, 2009
  6. NormanM

    XS11E Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote:

    > Since I first posted this a couple of days ago, another 35,000
    > God-fearing, loyal, hard-working Americans have lost their health
    > insurance (on average about 14,000 per day).

    Doubtful.

    > On the other hand I've seen what the Veterans Administration can
    > do, I've seen what Medicare can do, I've seen what Medicaid can
    > do.

    You couldn't give better examples of why public health care is and will
    be a complete failure.

    VA:
    http://vetsforjusticechat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5746083791

    Medicare and Medicaid: Hundreds of hits, pick any.

    Again, we need a fix, let's not jump at a plan that's guaranteed to
    make things worse, MUCH worse.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Sep 6, 2009
  7. NormanM

    NotMe Guest

    "XS11E" <> wrote in message
    : Rôgêr <> wrote:
    :
    : > Since I first posted this a couple of days ago, another 35,000
    : > God-fearing, loyal, hard-working Americans have lost their health
    : > insurance (on average about 14,000 per day).
    :
    : Doubtful.

    Study Reports 14,000 Americans Are Losing Health Care Every Day. A report by
    the Center for American Progress found that, "Since the recession began, an
    estimated 4 million additional Americans have lost their health insurance
    and 2 million have become uninsured. The recent turmoil in the job market is
    likely increasing the number of uninsured at the rate of 14,000 a day. And
    yet, congressional conservatives opposed efforts to stop the ero¬sion of our
    health care system and help millions of Americans hold on to the coverage
    they have or get it for the first time." [Center for American Progress
    report Healthcare In Crisis]
    NotMe, Sep 6, 2009
  8. NormanM

    XS11E Guest

    "NotMe" <> wrote:

    > "XS11E" <> wrote in message
    >: Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >:
    >: > Since I first posted this a couple of days ago, another 35,000
    >: > God-fearing, loyal, hard-working Americans have lost their
    >: > health insurance (on average about 14,000 per day).
    >:
    >: Doubtful.
    >
    > Study Reports 14,000 Americans Are Losing Health Care Every Day. A
    > report by the Center for American Progress found that, "Since the
    > recession began, an estimated 4 million additional Americans have
    > lost their health insurance and 2 million have become uninsured.
    > The recent turmoil in the job market is likely increasing the
    > number of uninsured at the rate of 14,000 a day. And yet,
    > congressional conservatives opposed efforts to stop the ero¬sion
    > of our health care system and help millions of Americans hold on
    > to the coverage they have or get it for the first time." [Center
    > for American Progress report Healthcare In Crisis]

    Not unexpected propaganda from an extreme leftwing source but very
    doubtful statistics.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Sep 6, 2009
  9. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 06:14:23 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > Leaving "well-enough" alone is a really bad answer.

    Doing anything is better than doing nothing? But the "anything" being
    proposed will be worse than "doing nothing". Far from trimming costs (which
    is a large part of the problem), it will inflate them.

    NormanM, Sep 7, 2009