Re: sign off

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mr. Scooter, Feb 25, 2009.

  1. Mr. Scooter

    Mr. Scooter Guest

    On , , Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:26:54 +1300, sign off, Collector€NZ
    <> wrote:

    >Okay as of Friday at Zero Hour (1630 hrs) I am off, gone unable to
    >connect to a nntp server, (might give google groups a limited look).
    >
    >30 days ago I gave notice to the company that I was taking a months
    >leave (of over 3 months available to me) now they are spitting the dummy
    >a little, but I am still going. No Company Phone, No Company notebook
    >with remote access, basically no Company, oh except for the car of course)
    >
    >Looking foward (yeah cue Tuis advert) to seeing what things are like
    >when I get back. yep I am being covered (another Tuis Advert) so it
    >could be real job justification when I get back.

    Who are you?

    ---
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like weetbix.

    Mr. Scooter, Feb 25, 2009

  2. Mr. Scooter

    EMB Guest

    Mr. Scooter wrote:
    > Who are you?

    He's the Collector. Resident of a Central North Island town, wrangler
    of networks, observer of meteorology, critic of takeaway food, friend to
    several regulars in this group, and generally a top bloke.

    EMB, Feb 25, 2009

  3. Mr. Scooter

    Apairateef Guest

    Mr. Scooter wrote:
    > On , , Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:26:54 +1300, sign off, Collector?NZ
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Okay as of Friday at Zero Hour (1630 hrs) I am off, gone unable to
    >> connect to a nntp server, (might give google groups a limited look).
    >>
    >> 30 days ago I gave notice to the company that I was taking a months
    >> leave (of over 3 months available to me) now they are spitting the
    >> dummy a little, but I am still going. No Company Phone, No Company
    >> notebook with remote access, basically no Company, oh except for the
    >> car of course)
    >>
    >> Looking foward (yeah cue Tuis advert) to seeing what things are like
    >> when I get back. yep I am being covered (another Tuis Advert) so it
    >> could be real job justification when I get back.

    > Who are you?

    You don't knowww???? Why, they are the incredible Collectorrrrr TA DAHHH

    Sarns

    Apairateef, Feb 25, 2009
  4. Mr. Scooter

    EMB Guest

    Collector€NZ wrote:
    > EMB wrote:
    >> Mr. Scooter wrote:
    >>> Who are you?

    >> He's the Collector. Resident of a Central North Island town, wrangler
    >> of networks, observer of meteorology, critic of takeaway food, friend
    >> to several regulars in this group, and generally a top bloke.

    > Ah Blush :)

    I believe your time off should involve the consumption of rum and the
    swapping of stories somewhere in Penrose.

    EMB, Feb 25, 2009
  5. Mr. Scooter

    Mr. Scooter Guest

    On , , Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:36:16 +1300, Re: sign off, "Apairateef"
    <> wrote:

    >Mr. Scooter wrote:
    >> On , , Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:26:54 +1300, sign off, Collector?NZ
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Okay as of Friday at Zero Hour (1630 hrs) I am off, gone unable to
    >>> connect to a nntp server, (might give google groups a limited look).
    >>>
    >>> 30 days ago I gave notice to the company that I was taking a months
    >>> leave (of over 3 months available to me) now they are spitting the
    >>> dummy a little, but I am still going. No Company Phone, No Company
    >>> notebook with remote access, basically no Company, oh except for the
    >>> car of course)
    >>>
    >>> Looking foward (yeah cue Tuis advert) to seeing what things are like
    >>> when I get back. yep I am being covered (another Tuis Advert) so it
    >>> could be real job justification when I get back.

    >> Who are you?

    >You don't knowww???? Why, they are the incredible Collectorrrrr TA DAHHH

    Does no-one recognise sarcasm?

    >Sarns

    ---
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like weetbix.

    Mr. Scooter, Feb 26, 2009
  6. Mr. Scooter

    Apairateef Guest

    Mr. Scooter wrote:
    > On , , Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:36:16 +1300, Re: sign off, "Apairateef"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mr. Scooter wrote:

    >>> Who are you?

    >> You don't knowww???? Why, they are the incredible Collectorrrrr TA
    >> DAHHH

    > Does no-one recognise sarcasm?

    Yeah me...i was being sarcastic ya drip

    Sarns

    Apairateef, Feb 26, 2009
  7. Mr. Scooter

    Enkidu Guest

    Apairateef wrote:
    > Mr. Scooter wrote:
    >> On , , Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:36:16 +1300, Re: sign off, "Apairateef"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> You don't knowww???? Why, they are the incredible Collectorrrrr TA
    >>> DAHHH

    >> Does no-one recognise sarcasm?

    > Yeah me...i was being sarcastic ya drip
    >
    > Sarns

    Hmm, Sarcastic Sarns... Your turn.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Feb 26, 2009
  8. Mr. Scooter

    EMB Guest

    Enkidu wrote:

    > Hmm, Sarcastic Sarns...

    Never!

    EMB, Feb 26, 2009
  9. On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:25:46 +1300, Enkidu <> wrote:

    [snipped]
    >Hmm, Sarcastic Sarns... Your turn.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    Sophisticated, Sassy and sarcastic Sarns ;-p

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.., Feb 26, 2009
  10. Mr. Scooter

    Apairateef Guest

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:25:46 +1300, Enkidu
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > [snipped]
    >> Hmm, Sarcastic Sarns... Your turn.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Cliff

    > Sophisticated, Sassy and sarcastic Sarns ;-p

    LOLZ i'll stay out of this ...thanks Courageous Cath LOL

    Sarns

    Apairateef, Feb 26, 2009
  11. On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:31:22 +1300, "Apairateef" <> wrote:

    >texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    >> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:25:46 +1300, Enkidu
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> [snipped]
    >>> Hmm, Sarcastic Sarns... Your turn.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Cliff

    >> Sophisticated, Sassy and sarcastic Sarns ;-p
    >>

    >LOLZ i'll stay out of this ...thanks Courageous Cath LOL
    >
    >Sarns

    You're welcome Sarns.
    Hey, I've got broad shoulders lol...

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.., Feb 27, 2009
  12. On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:21:45 -0600,
    <texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in

    > On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:31:22 +1300, "Apairateef" <> wrote:
    >
    >>texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:25:46 +1300, Enkidu
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> [snipped]

    >>> Sophisticated, Sassy and sarcastic Sarns ;-p
    >>>

    >>LOLZ i'll stay out of this ...thanks Courageous Cath LOL
    >>
    >>Sarns
    >>

    > You're welcome Sarns.
    > Hey, I've got broad shoulders lol...
    >
    > Cath

    AAARRRGGGHHH! DON'T TEMPT ME!

    --
    - Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Feb 27, 2009
  13. Mr. Scooter

    Enkidu Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:21:45 -0600,
    > <texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in

    >>> LOLZ i'll stay out of this ...thanks Courageous Cath LOL
    >>>

    >> You're welcome Sarns.
    >> Hey, I've got broad shoulders lol...
    >>

    > AAARRRGGGHHH! DON'T TEMPT ME!

    Naughty Nicolaas?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Feb 27, 2009
  14. On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:28:18 +1300, Enkidu <>
    wrote in <news:>:

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:21:45 -0600,
    >> <texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in

    >>> You're welcome Sarns.
    >>> Hey, I've got broad shoulders lol...
    >>>

    >> AAARRRGGGHHH! DON'T TEMPT ME!
    >>

    > Naughty Nicolaas?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Whooooo, MEEEEEEEEE?
    I keep telling people, I'm sweet and innocent.
    WHY, OH WHY won't they believe me?

    <whistles tunelessly>

    --
    - Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Feb 27, 2009
  15. Mr. Scooter

    Jack Spratt Guest

    <texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message

    > Hey, I've got broad shoulders lol...
    >
    > Cath

    We say "big boned" here

    --
    Jack Spratt

    Jack Spratt, Feb 28, 2009
  16. Mr. Scooter

    Apairateef Guest

    Jack Spratt wrote:
    > <texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message
    >

    >> Hey, I've got broad shoulders lol...
    >>
    >> Cath

    > We say "big boned" here

    no we don't

    Apairateef, Feb 28, 2009
  17. On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:34:40 +1300, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:

    ><texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message
    >

    >> Hey, I've got broad shoulders lol...
    >>
    >> Cath

    >We say "big boned" here

    ??? Where do you think I learnt the term from to begin with der.... in NZ.....

    'Big boned' means entirely different.

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.., Feb 28, 2009
  18. Mr. Scooter

    > On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:34:40 +1300, "Jack Spratt"
    > <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >><texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> Hey, I've got broad shoulders lol...
    >>>
    >>> Cath

    >>We say "big boned" here

    > ??? Where do you think I learnt the term from to begin with der.... in
    > NZ.....
    >

    > 'Big boned' means entirely different.
    >

    > Cath

    I know you were from here. I know the difference between broad shoulders and
    big boned.
    It was a lame attempt at humour whereby I was pretending to think you had
    called yourself fat.

    --
    Jack Spratt

    Jack Spratt, Mar 1, 2009
  19. Mr. Scooter

    Mr. Scooter Guest

    On , , Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:29:26 +1300, Re: sign off, "Jack Spratt"
    <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:

    ><texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:34:40 +1300, "Jack Spratt"
    >> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>><texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message

    >>>We say "big boned" here

    >> ??? Where do you think I learnt the term from to begin with der.... in
    >> NZ.....
    >>

    >> 'Big boned' means entirely different.
    >>

    >> Cath

    >I know you were from here. I know the difference between broad shoulders and
    >big boned.
    >It was a lame attempt at humour whereby I was pretending to think you had
    >called yourself fat.

    She is.

    ---
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like weetbix.

    Mr. Scooter, Mar 1, 2009
  20. On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 09:33:18 +1300, Greg Dowle, Waitara, Taranaki, New Zealand now posing as, once
    again is also stalking:

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.., Mar 1, 2009