Re: sigma lenses

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bernhard Mayer, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. "Ivan Pedersen" <> wrote in message news:<9VpVa.9513$>...

    > Will the "Sigma Objektiv AF 28/1,8 EX DG - Canon" work on my EOS 10D?

    the issue with Sigma lenses and newer Canon bodies is that you may
    need to get someting (let's say) "adjusted" in the lens by SIGMA
    themselves

    In general, newer lenses (as in: manufactured after the Canon 10D went
    to sale) should have no issues on the 10D. Since it sometimes is hard
    to find out whether or not that particular box may have been sitting
    on the dealer's shelve for a year, Sigma will fix it for free within
    the warranty period if you buy a new lens and it happens not to work
    on your new Canon camera.

    If you buy second hand or the warranty is over Sigma will charge you
    for the modification
    Bernhard Mayer, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Bernhard Mayer

    Jean Guest

    > > Will the "Sigma Objektiv AF 28/1,8 EX DG - Canon" work on my EOS 10D?

    > the issue with Sigma lenses and newer Canon bodies is that you may
    > need to get someting (let's say) "adjusted" in the lens by SIGMA
    > themselves
    >
    > In general, newer lenses (as in: manufactured after the Canon 10D went
    > to sale) should have no issues on the 10D. Since it sometimes is hard
    > to find out whether or not that particular box may have been sitting
    > on the dealer's shelve for a year, Sigma will fix it for free within
    > the warranty period if you buy a new lens and it happens not to work
    > on your new Canon camera.
    >
    > If you buy second hand or the warranty is over Sigma will charge you
    > for the modification

    My daughter just bought a 10D, if I buy her a used lens, is it possible it
    would not work? (I was looking at a Canon 100mm f2 USM lens.)

    Thanks

    Jean
    Jean, Jul 29, 2003

  3. "Jean" <> wrote in message news:<RvvVa.21470$>...

    > My daughter just bought a 10D, if I buy her a used lens, is it possible it
    > would not work? (I was looking at a Canon 100mm f2 USM lens.)

    The said things are valid for Sigma lenses only. All Canon lenses will
    work with every single Canon body out there... (that is: EF autofocus
    lenses will work on EOS bodies, duh)

    I have also never had problems with Tamron lenses on whatever Canon
    body and I really don't know what's up with the Sigma glass.
    Bernhard Mayer, Jul 29, 2003
  4. > The said things are valid for Sigma lenses only. All Canon lenses will
    > work with every single Canon body out there... (that is: EF autofocus
    > lenses will work on EOS bodies, duh)
    >
    > I have also never had problems with Tamron lenses on whatever Canon
    > body and I really don't know what's up with the Sigma glass.

    It's all made together to work together. Smegma...tsk, tsk...
    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 30, 2003