    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    14:20:57 up 7 days, 17:14, 2 users, load average: 0.18, 0.20, 0.15
    alexd, Nov 21, 2008

  2. alexd

    PAJ Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:39:02 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
    <> wrote:

    >Whether in their wisdom(!) siemans have forced an upgrade (downgrade)
    >and removed all un-official firmware releases.
    >I shouldn't wonder if disabling the auto checking didn't actually do
    >anything. They're bound to have a backdoor way of forcing firmare
    >up/down grade.

    Ridiculous statement.
    PAJ, Nov 21, 2008

  3. alexd

    alexd Guest

    www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

    > I shouldn't wonder if disabling the auto checking didn't actually do
    > anything.

    Use the firewall rules on your router to stop the Gigaset from upgrading
    itself, perhaps?

    > They're bound to have a backdoor way of forcing firmare up/down grade.

    Yeah, maybe through some JTAG pins on the circuit board, but not remotely.

    > I can run syslog on a network PC which the router will log traffic to
    > but don't think it will help much.

    I meant, get your phone to log to syslog if it can. It may shed a bit more
    light.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    14:55:55 up 8 days, 17:49, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.05
    alexd, Nov 22, 2008