Re: sick of hanging around

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dennis Pack, Jan 23, 2007.

  1. Dennis Pack

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Chris:
    It sounds like a corruption or incompatibility with the Bluetooth
    drivers. As a test try a standard mouse and keyboard, if the problem is gone
    it verifies that the problem is driver related. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Jan 23, 2007

  2. Does this mean that it behaves differently on a warm-boot, than it does
    cold-booting?

    This is very new stuff, you may have to complain and beg for a BIOS upgrade?
    In the mean-time a PS2 K&M wouldn't be loosing the drivers as they are
    autoconfigured in Windows, I suppose?

    Tony.. .

    "Chris" <> wrote in message

    > Dennis,
    > The machine works fine once up and running with the bluetooth keyboard and
    > mouse, but the problem is the machinie hanging on a re boot - regardless

    of
    > whether the bluetooth K&M is attached or a PS2 K&M. The build is 3790.

    Dont

    Tony Sperling, Jan 23, 2007

  3. Dennis Pack

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Chris:
    I don't have any Intel systems running but I have read about
    problems. Colin B. had problems with the core 2 dual when it was first
    released, using 4GB ram wouldn't work with x64 but no problems with XP. Try
    reducing the ram to 2GB, if the problem is gone it's most likely a bios
    issue. Listing the system specifications may help in getting better answers.
    Build 3790 is the latest for XP x64.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64