Re: [SI] Worldwide Photowalk - 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Sep 29, 2012.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:37:37 -0400, SI Committee
    <> wrote:
    :
    : Special reminder - not only is FGS due this Sunday, but if you haven't
    : located a Worldwide Photowalk in your area it's time to do it.
    : Optionally, read up on the photowalk and then do a "solo" following
    : the Photowalk ideals (what are they? As far as I can tell it's photo
    : nerds and beer drinkers - I may be wrong).
    :
    :
    : ___________________Worldwide Photowalk____________________________
    : { }
    : { Special mandate "Worldwide Photowalk" has been added to the SI }
    : { with photos to be shot on Sat 2012.10.13 and submitted by }
    : { the end of the next day. }
    : { http://www.pbase.com/shootin/photowalk2012 }
    : { So, look for a photowalk in your area! }
    : { http://worldwidephotowalk.com/ }
    : {__________________________________________________________________}

    <Sigh!> I was the one who first mentioned the photowalk, but it now appears
    that I'll have to back out. A colleague at work is battling a debilitating
    illness, and several of the guys are going to his house that day to do some
    work on his roof. Probably because I'm the oldest (and therefore judged the
    one most likely to be killed if I fell off the roof), I've been commissioned
    the official photographer of the proceedings. So if I wanted to beg off (I
    wouldn't in any case, of course), my absence would be pretty conspicuous.

    Oh, well, maybe I'll get to do the photowalk next year!

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Sep 29, 2012

  2. Robert Coe

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/28/2012 11:36 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:37:37 -0400, SI Committee
    > <> wrote:
    > :
    > : Special reminder - not only is FGS due this Sunday, but if you haven't
    > : located a Worldwide Photowalk in your area it's time to do it.
    > : Optionally, read up on the photowalk and then do a "solo" following
    > : the Photowalk ideals (what are they? As far as I can tell it's photo
    > : nerds and beer drinkers - I may be wrong).
    > :
    > :
    > : ___________________Worldwide Photowalk____________________________
    > : { }
    > : { Special mandate "Worldwide Photowalk" has been added to the SI }
    > : { with photos to be shot on Sat 2012.10.13 and submitted by }
    > : { the end of the next day. }
    > : { http://www.pbase.com/shootin/photowalk2012 }
    > : { So, look for a photowalk in your area! }
    > : { http://worldwidephotowalk.com/ }
    > : {__________________________________________________________________}
    >
    > <Sigh!> I was the one who first mentioned the photowalk, but it now appears
    > that I'll have to back out. A colleague at work is battling a debilitating
    > illness, and several of the guys are going to his house that day to do some
    > work on his roof. Probably because I'm the oldest (and therefore judged the
    > one most likely to be killed if I fell off the roof), I've been commissioned
    > the official photographer of the proceedings. So if I wanted to beg off (I
    > wouldn't in any case, of course), my absence would be pretty conspicuous.
    >
    > Oh, well, maybe I'll get to do the photowalk next year!
    >
    > Bob

    Hope your colleague recovers, or at least will not be in too much pain.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 29, 2012