    don't know what it is.

    Thanks

    Steve

    Steve B, Jan 7, 2013

  2. Steve B

    DanP Guest

    On Monday, 7 January 2013 20:34:53 UTC, Steve B wrote:
    > I'm a newbie here. Can you explain SI? I have seen it referred to, but
    > don't know what it is.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Steve

    See thttp://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    And browse past shootins http://www.pbase.com/shootin/root
    If you find some not worthy join in the next one, in a couple of months probably.

    DanP

    DanP, Jan 7, 2013

  3. Steve B

    Peter Guest

    On 1/7/2013 3:48 PM, DanP wrote:
    > On Monday, 7 January 2013 20:34:53 UTC, Steve B wrote:
    >> I'm a newbie here. Can you explain SI? I have seen it referred to, but
    >> don't know what it is.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Steve

    > See thttp://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
    >
    > And browse past shootins http://www.pbase.com/shootin/root
    > If you find some not worthy join in the next one, in a couple of months probably.

    Or he certainly should feel free to submit osmething, good or bad, from
    his archives, for critique.

    --
    PeterN

    Peter, Jan 8, 2013
  4. Steve B

    Steve B Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote

    > Or he certainly should feel free to submit osmething, good or bad, from
    > his archives, for critique.
    > PeterN

    I just reviewed some old stuff, and I have nothing to go in that category.
    It makes me so much antsier to get my hands on that bigger camera. I do
    have some good closeups of hummingbirds and other things, tho, that I would
    like to submit.

    The street scene I was thinking of is the driving of the sheep down the main
    street in Cedar City, Utah, a local treat and annual parade event. But
    nowhere near up to the quality to submit as a good photo.

    I shall cruise through a ton of archived stuff on my big hard drive storage,
    tho, to see if I have anything that I think is worthy of sharing. If I
    think it's bad, it's probably bad............... And I don't know dookie.

    Steve

    Steve B, Jan 8, 2013
  5. Steve B

    Peter Guest

    On 1/8/2013 12:03 AM, Steve B wrote:
    > "Peter" <> wrote
    >
    >> Or he certainly should feel free to submit osmething, good or bad, from
    >> his archives, for critique.
    >> PeterN

    > I just reviewed some old stuff, and I have nothing to go in that category.
    > It makes me so much antsier to get my hands on that bigger camera. I do
    > have some good closeups of hummingbirds and other things, tho, that I would
    > like to submit.
    >
    > The street scene I was thinking of is the driving of the sheep down the main
    > street in Cedar City, Utah, a local treat and annual parade event. But
    > nowhere near up to the quality to submit as a good photo.
    >
    > I shall cruise through a ton of archived stuff on my big hard drive storage,
    > tho, to see if I have anything that I think is worthy of sharing. If I
    > think it's bad, it's probably bad............... And I don't know dookie.

    Don't be too harsh on yourself. By participating, you have a decent
    chance of someone giving some constructive comments. At those times when
    I submit a really bad image, it has absolutely no adverse effect on my
    life. If fact some have made comments that pointed out defects that I
    missed.
    IOW, you have nothing to lose and something to gain. As the Duck said,
    just keep a think skin.

    --
    PeterN

    Peter, Jan 8, 2013