Re: [SI] Steeples -The 'Duck Comments

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Feb 14, 2013.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:37:15 -0800, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    : ‘Duck comments:
    : ...
    : Bob Coe:
    : Steeples-01:
    : I like the idea of contrasting the old with the modern, but with this
    : shot, from this particular camera position, the spire is blanketed by
    : the building in the background. I believe that if you had been able to
    : move you camera position to the left, so the spire would be in “clear
    : air” on the right you would have had a better capture.

    That would not have been possible. I was on the roof of a rather small
    building, and the spire is very much farther away than it appears. I couldn't
    have moved enough to get the effect you propose. And for reasons I'll outline
    in another article, it would have defeated the purpose of the picture if I
    could have.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Feb 14, 2013