Re: [SI] Rulz proposal on Commentz

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Aug 10, 2012.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/9/2012 8:41 PM, SI Committee wrote:
    > WHEREAS The Committee, has been reading recent chatter in these
    > newsgroups regarding commentz that follow each SI round with great
    > interest.
    >
    > WHEREAS The Committee, wishing to improve the SI and make it an
    > agreeable experience for participantz and lurkerz;
    >
    > WHEREAS The Committee believes that commentz are and integral part of
    > the SI experience;
    >
    > WHEREAS The Committee always seeks the opinions, inputs and general
    > consent of the participants before making major rulz changes;
    >
    > NOW THEREFORE The Committee puts to you the following proposed Rul:
    >
    > "Comments are to be submitted by e-mail to the SI admin in
    > the 5 days following the posting of the images for that round.
    >
    > Comments shall not be posted in the usenet groups where the SI
    > is normally discussed (distribution above) by the commentatorz.
    >
    > The SI admin shall not read the commentz.
    >
    > The SI Admin will then post all of the commentz at the same
    > time on the 6th day following the posting of the images. And
    > such to be a separate post for each commentator."
    >
    > The Committee looks forward to your comments on the above proposal and
    > seeks - in the case of favourable reaction - to implement such a rul
    > change on time for the next image posting for the "On the Road" mandate.

    While I don't think you would do it, the opportunity for monitoring, and
    censorship, is presented.
    If I'm pressed for time, I am denied the chance to piggyback.
    Therefore, I may or may not ignore that rule if adopted.

    --

    PeterN
    PeterN, Aug 10, 2012

  2. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/9/2012 10:04 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-08-09 18:29:28 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 8/9/2012 8:41 PM, SI Committee wrote:

    >>> The Committee looks forward to your comments on the above proposal and
    >>> seeks - in the case of favourable reaction - to implement such a rul
    >>> change on time for the next image posting for the "On the Road" mandate.
    >>>

    >> While I don't think you would do it, the opportunity for monitoring,
    >> and censorship, is presented.
    >> If I'm pressed for time, I am denied the chance to piggyback.
    >> Therefore, I may or may not ignore that rule if adopted.

    > What exactly do you mean by "the chance to piggyback"?
    >
    > I suspect I know what you mean, and I can only hope you mean something
    > other than that which resembles my suspicions. So I will refrain from
    > further comment until you explain.

    Sometimes I am pressed for time, so I use anther's comments as a means
    for not listing names. I do this after looking at the image, and forming
    my own opinion. i.e. I use the comments as a template to avoid resisting
    names and photos.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Aug 10, 2012

  3. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/10/2012 12:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-08-10 09:25:59 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 8/9/2012 10:04 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> What exactly do you mean by "the chance to piggyback"?
    >>>
    >>> I suspect I know what you mean, and I can only hope you mean something
    >>> other than that which resembles my suspicions. So I will refrain from
    >>> further comment until you explain.
    >>>

    >> Sometimes I am pressed for time, so I use anther's comments as a means
    >> for not listing names. I do this after looking at the image, and
    >> forming my own opinion. i.e. I use the comments as a template to avoid
    >> resisting names and photos.

    > Who is this "Anther" guy?
    > ....and why would you "resist" names and photos?

    Dyslexic fingers coupled with waiting for computer glasses to be
    repaired, at work.

    > Your technique does seem to be a tad parasitic though.

    Just sometimes lazy

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Aug 10, 2012