Re: [SI] Pairs etc - Eric Stevens comments

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Jul 22, 2012.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/21/2012 10:46 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 17:31:54 +1200, Eric Stevens
    > <> wrote:

    <snip>

    > multiples_peter_newman_fishing net
    > I like all aspects of it but one. I like the composition, the
    > reflection in the wet sand and the colour. What upset me was the fact
    > that I could only see it in small sizes. I would love to have seen a
    > larger version but I can see that I am limited by the size of the
    > original.

    Thank you for your comments.

    It was cut down for the SI.

    > multiples_peter_newman_parade
    > --------------------------------------
    > I can see what you have done but I can't look at it for more than a
    > few seconds without getting a headache. :)

    I understand. That image is not exactly the essence of serene.

    > multiples_peter_newman_strawberry in the sky
    > This is a shot which I find works better in a smaller size or when
    > viewed from a distant. My first reaction was not a 'strawberry' but a
    > brightly coloured Scotch Thistle. One second exposure is impressive
    > for hand held. I can tell that it's hand held from the identical
    > wiggles in the trajectory of the flares. Is the focus distance of 8.67
    > metres correct? I would hnave thought it was further away.

    I am lucky to have reasonably steady hands. Besides I braced the camera
    against my body and I was braced against a vertical beam.
    There was no way I was only 8.67 m from the fireworks. More likely
    several hundred yards.

    > I've got to the end with no more autosends. Maybe changing the
    > batteries made a difference. Maybe just got a whole lot more careful
    > where I put my fingers.

    Don't think I want to go there. ;-)

    --

    PeterN