Re: [SI] New Mandates! Get 'em While They're Hot!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Sep 8, 2011.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/8/2011 1:30 PM, Bowser wrote:
    > OK, it's time for new mandates! The Shoot-In Czar has decided on two for
    > this round, each due in the next two months. The more challenging of the
    > two is scheduled for November. Here you go:
    >
    > The Letter B: you all know how this game is played by now. Shoot a
    > picture of something that begins with the letter B or contains the
    > letter B. Samples in the gallery should say it all. This mandate is due
    > October 9th, 2011.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_b

    Blatantly boring baseball, basketball, bats & balls should be banned.
    How about shots of the beef briskets & bisquet brigade, booming with
    brooms to benefit & beautify a newly arrived bachelor, as he moves his
    bedroom set into in his FL condominium?

    > Haute/Hate Couture: this mandate suggestion generated quite a bit of
    > discussion, so I threw in a slight wrinkle for those of us with little
    > or no access to the "haute" side of the world. Can't wait to see the
    > shots of the Wal-Mart shoppers. This mandate is due November 13th, 2011.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/couture
    >
    > For those of you new to the Shoot-In, please visit the rulz page for
    > more information. The Shoot-In is a (sort of) monthly photography
    > exercise where participants shoot pictures to match (mostly) the mandate
    > of the month. As someone stated in a discussion here, not following the
    > mandate results in a direct reduction of the prize money. OK, the truth
    > is that there is no prize of any kind, just some good entertainment
    > value and some critiques offered by other NG participants. Don't be shy!
    > Be a shooter and send some pix!
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    Can I combine the mandates with a beach couture shot?

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 8, 2011

  2. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:53:15 -0400, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 9/8/2011 1:30 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >> OK, it's time for new mandates! The Shoot-In Czar has decided on two for
    >> this round, each due in the next two months. The more challenging of the
    >> two is scheduled for November. Here you go:
    >>
    >> The Letter B: you all know how this game is played by now. Shoot a
    >> picture of something that begins with the letter B or contains the
    >> letter B. Samples in the gallery should say it all. This mandate is due
    >> October 9th, 2011.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_b

    >Blatantly boring baseball, basketball, bats & balls should be banned.
    >How about shots of the beef briskets & bisquet brigade, booming with
    >brooms to benefit & beautify a newly arrived bachelor, as he moves his
    >bedroom set into in his FL condominium?
    >

    >> Haute/Hate Couture: this mandate suggestion generated quite a bit of
    >> discussion, so I threw in a slight wrinkle for those of us with little
    >> or no access to the "haute" side of the world. Can't wait to see the
    >> shots of the Wal-Mart shoppers. This mandate is due November 13th, 2011.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/couture
    >>
    >> For those of you new to the Shoot-In, please visit the rulz page for
    >> more information. The Shoot-In is a (sort of) monthly photography
    >> exercise where participants shoot pictures to match (mostly) the mandate
    >> of the month. As someone stated in a discussion here, not following the
    >> mandate results in a direct reduction of the prize money. OK, the truth
    >> is that there is no prize of any kind, just some good entertainment
    >> value and some critiques offered by other NG participants. Don't be shy!
    >> Be a shooter and send some pix!
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    >Can I combine the mandates with a beach couture shot?

    I think I could enter this photo from Miami Beach last year as "Beach
    Couture" or "B - Bottom".

    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/i-s4fsN45/0/X3/i-s4fsN45-X3.jpg

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 8, 2011

  3. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/8/2011 3:25 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:53:15 -0400, PeterN
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/8/2011 1:30 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >>> OK, it's time for new mandates! The Shoot-In Czar has decided on two for
    >>> this round, each due in the next two months. The more challenging of the
    >>> two is scheduled for November. Here you go:
    >>>
    >>> The Letter B: you all know how this game is played by now. Shoot a
    >>> picture of something that begins with the letter B or contains the
    >>> letter B. Samples in the gallery should say it all. This mandate is due
    >>> October 9th, 2011.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_b

    >> Blatantly boring baseball, basketball, bats& balls should be banned.
    >> How about shots of the beef briskets& bisquet brigade, booming with
    >> brooms to benefit& beautify a newly arrived bachelor, as he moves his
    >> bedroom set into in his FL condominium?
    >>

    >>> Haute/Hate Couture: this mandate suggestion generated quite a bit of
    >>> discussion, so I threw in a slight wrinkle for those of us with little
    >>> or no access to the "haute" side of the world. Can't wait to see the
    >>> shots of the Wal-Mart shoppers. This mandate is due November 13th, 2011.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/couture
    >>>
    >>> For those of you new to the Shoot-In, please visit the rulz page for
    >>> more information. The Shoot-In is a (sort of) monthly photography
    >>> exercise where participants shoot pictures to match (mostly) the mandate
    >>> of the month. As someone stated in a discussion here, not following the
    >>> mandate results in a direct reduction of the prize money. OK, the truth
    >>> is that there is no prize of any kind, just some good entertainment
    >>> value and some critiques offered by other NG participants. Don't be shy!
    >>> Be a shooter and send some pix!
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    >> Can I combine the mandates with a beach couture shot?

    > I think I could enter this photo from Miami Beach last year as "Beach
    > Couture" or "B - Bottom".
    >
    > http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/i-s4fsN45/0/X3/i-s4fsN45-X3.jpg

    That could have filled the S mandate too. I would save it for the D mandate.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 8, 2011
  4. PeterN

    Walter Banks Guest

    Walter Banks, Sep 9, 2011
  5. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/9/2011 1:41 PM, Walter Banks wrote:

    > Bowser wrote:
    >

    >>> I think I could enter this photo from Miami Beach last year as "Beach
    >>> Couture" or "B - Bottom".
    >>>
    >>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/i-s4fsN45/0/X3/i-s4fsN45-X3.jpg
    >>>

    >> Hmmm... Butt shots. I hadn't thought of that.

    Hope my doctor never confuses a butt light with a Bud light.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 10, 2011