Re: [SI] New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Jul 5, 2010.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:07:54 -0700, Paul Furman <> wrote:
    : Bowser wrote:
    : > First Rerun: The Pinhole Photo, Due July 18th, 2010
    : > This is a looser rerun of the very first mandate, which requires the
    : > shooter to flip a map upside down, stick a pin in it, and then grab a
    : > shot at that location on the map. However, I've expanded the mandate
    : > to "your area," which can be town, city, state, etc. Use the whole
    : > earth, if you dare. Drive to Yosemite, stick a pin in a map of the
    : > park, and see if need to hike to the Diving Board. And, with the new
    : > rules about submissions, you can use three pins for three locations
    : > and submit three photos.
    :
    : Here's one way to choose your map pin spot:
    :
    : http://irc.peeron.com/xkcd/map/map.html?date=2010-07-04&lat=37&long=-122&zoom=9&abs=-1
    :
    : explanation:
    : http://wiki.xkcd.com/geohashing/Main_Page

    I've recently been assigned to photograph all the points of interest in the
    city for which I work. So I've been visiting a variety of locations, some of
    them pretty obscure, that I've never seen before. For me the assignment
    functions as the pin. ;^)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jul 5, 2010

  2. Robert Coe

    otter Guest

    Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    On Jul 5, 8:21 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:07:54 -0700, Paul Furman <> wrote:
    > : Bowser wrote:
    >
    > : > First Rerun: The Pinhole Photo, Due July 18th, 2010
    > : > This is a looser rerun of the very first mandate, which requires the
    > : > shooter to flip a map upside down, stick a pin in it, and then grab a
    > : > shot at that location on the map. However, I've expanded the mandate
    > : > to "your area," which can be town, city, state, etc. Use the whole
    > : > earth, if you dare. Drive to Yosemite, stick a pin in a map of the
    > : > park, and see if need to hike to the Diving Board. And, with the new
    > : > rules about submissions, you can use three pins for three locations
    > : > and submit three photos.
    > :
    > : Here's one way to choose your map pin spot:
    > :
    > :http://irc.peeron.com/xkcd/map/map.html?date=2010-07-04&lat=37&long=-...
    > :
    > : explanation:
    > :http://wiki.xkcd.com/geohashing/Main_Page
    >
    > I've recently been assigned to photograph all the points of interest in the
    > city for which I work. So I've been visiting a variety of locations, some of
    > them pretty obscure, that I've never seen before. For me the assignment
    > functions as the pin.  ;^)
    >
    > Bob

    Tthat is a liberal interpretation of the mandate.

    Those are points of "interest", not random points. I think the point
    of the mandate is to try to take interesting pictures at uninteresting
    (random) locations.

    otter, Jul 5, 2010

  3. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 06:35:57 -0700 (PDT), otter <>
    wrote:
    : On Jul 5, 8:21 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    : > On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:07:54 -0700, Paul Furman <> wrote:
    : > : Bowser wrote:
    : >
    : > : > First Rerun: The Pinhole Photo, Due July 18th, 2010
    : > : > This is a looser rerun of the very first mandate, which requires the
    : > : > shooter to flip a map upside down, stick a pin in it, and then grab a
    : > : > shot at that location on the map. However, I've expanded the mandate
    : > : > to "your area," which can be town, city, state, etc. Use the whole
    : > : > earth, if you dare. Drive to Yosemite, stick a pin in a map of the
    : > : > park, and see if need to hike to the Diving Board. And, with the new
    : > : > rules about submissions, you can use three pins for three locations
    : > : > and submit three photos.
    : > :
[...]

    A few observations on that:

    - Some of those "points of interest" are not, in themselves, particularly
    interesting. The challenge is to go there and find a shot that makes the site
    as interesting as it can be. Whether the site was chosen at random or by some
    other method that's effectively beyond the photographer's control is not that
    relevant, arguably.

    - By their nature, SI mandates favor those in the group who are retired or
    otherwise blessed with a lot of free time over those of us who are not. In my
    case it's often find a way to incorporate the mandate into my normal
    activities or sit this month out. And I have sat out several mandates because
    I simply didn't have the time to get involved in a type of photography that I
    normally don't do.

    - An overly narrow interpretation of the mandate lessens participation and
    reduces everyne's enjoyment of the process. I'd claim that the recent
    Wallpaper mandate is a case in point. While some very nice pictures were
    submitted, participation was much lower than I would have anticipated, with
    several highly competent regulars absent. I suspect that two factors were
    primarily to blame: (1) The required aspect ratio accommodated a screen shape
    that many of us rarely see, forcing us to omit or modify pictures that we were
    actually using as wallpapers; and (2) Several people had weighed in with their
    idiosyncratic opinions on what constituted a good (or even acceptable)
    wallpaper, effectively narrowing the mandate and practically assuring that
    some entries would be dismissed or ridiculed for not meeting those criteria.

    The Shoot-In's strength is its inclusiveness, and the point of a mandate
    shouldn't be to exclude those who have trouble meeting it. Rather it should be
    to challenge participants to take a broader view of their photographic
    horizons and to use the mandate to see their work in a different light. I
    think Bowser understands that and usually allows a broad interpretation of the
    mandates he issues. I believe the only time I've ever seen him reject a
    picture was when it was too big.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jul 5, 2010
  4. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 10:59:31 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 06:35:57 -0700 (PDT), otter <>
    >wrote:
    >: On Jul 5, 8:21 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >: > On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:07:54 -0700, Paul Furman <> wrote:
    >: > : Bowser wrote:
    >: >
    >: > : > First Rerun: The Pinhole Photo, Due July 18th, 2010
    >: > : > This is a looser rerun of the very first mandate, which requires the
    >: > : > shooter to flip a map upside down, stick a pin in it, and then grab a
    >: > : > shot at that location on the map. However, I've expanded the mandate
    >: > : > to "your area," which can be town, city, state, etc. Use the whole
    >: > : > earth, if you dare. Drive to Yosemite, stick a pin in a map of the
    >: > : > park, and see if need to hike to the Diving Board. And, with the new
    >: > : > rules about submissions, you can use three pins for three locations
    >: > : > and submit three photos.
    >: > :
    >: > : Here's one way to choose your map pin spot:
    >: > :
    >: > :http://irc.peeron.com/xkcd/map/map.html?date=2010-07-04&lat=37&long=-...
    >: > :
    >: > : explanation:
    >: > :http://wiki.xkcd.com/geohashing/Main_Page
    >: >
    >: > I've recently been assigned to photograph all the points of interest in the
    >: > city for which I work. So I've been visiting a variety of locations, some of
    >: > them pretty obscure, that I've never seen before. For me the assignment
    >: > functions as the pin.  ;^)
    >:
    >: That is a liberal interpretation of the mandate.
    >:
    >: Those are points of "interest", not random points. I think the point
    >: of the mandate is to try to take interesting pictures at uninteresting
    >: (random) locations.
    >
    >A few observations on that:
    >
    >- Some of those "points of interest" are not, in themselves, particularly
    >interesting. The challenge is to go there and find a shot that makes the site
    >as interesting as it can be. Whether the site was chosen at random or by some
    >other method that's effectively beyond the photographer's control is not that
    >relevant, arguably.
    >
    >- By their nature, SI mandates favor those in the group who are retired or
    >otherwise blessed with a lot of free time over those of us who are not. In my
    >case it's often find a way to incorporate the mandate into my normal
    >activities or sit this month out. And I have sat out several mandates because
    >I simply didn't have the time to get involved in a type of photography that I
    >normally don't do.
    >
    >- An overly narrow interpretation of the mandate lessens participation and
    >reduces everyne's enjoyment of the process.

    I'm witchoo. While I am one of those privileged retirees, I think we
    should take the mandates as a guideline for submissions. Do something
    in the spirit of the mandate, but let's not get all rigid.

    I am somewhat disposed to the requirement of a "fresh shot", rather
    than pulling something out of the vault, but even that should not be a
    rigid requirement. The objective, in my opinion, is to get people to
    take new photographs, show what they can do with photography, and
    benefit from the opinion of others. Two out of three is fine with me.

    If there is one area that I'd like to see given more attention it's
    comments. Too often it is only a certain group of people that comment
    on the photos. I'd like to see more people do that. If you submit
    photos, then you should be willing to submit your comments on the work
    of others. If you don't submit photos, then you can still offer
    comments as long as they are not the "They're all crap" type of
    comment we see from Vance and the man with a thousand names and no
    credibility as a photographer.

    I'll stick a pin and try something, but a pin stuck in a map of this
    area is likely to wind up in a lake, a swamp, or a ticky-tacky housing
    development. I'll probably expand the radius of the pin position.

    I have one shot already that was in a quarter mile of the pin. The
    actual pin would have put me in an area where I would either be mugged
    or arrested for attempting to buy drugs. I may re-stick.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 5, 2010
  5. Robert Coe

    Peter Guest

    "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 10:59:31 -04

    > I have one shot already that was in a quarter mile of the pin. The
    > actual pin would have put me in an area where I would either be mugged
    > or arrested for attempting to buy drugs. I may re-stick.

    I'm sure that was an unintended pun.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jul 5, 2010
  6. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 12:04:50 -0400, "Peter"
    <> wrote:

    >"tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 10:59:31 -04

    >> I have one shot already that was in a quarter mile of the pin. The
    >> actual pin would have put me in an area where I would either be mugged
    >> or arrested for attempting to buy drugs. I may re-stick.
    >>

    >I'm sure that was an unintended pun.

    I won't fall for that line. You're just trying to needle me.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 5, 2010
  7. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:34:14 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2010-07-05 10:21:59 -0700, tony cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 12:04:50 -0400, "Peter"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "tony cooper" <> wrote in message

    >>> I'm sure that was an unintended pun.

    >> I won't fall for that line. You're just trying to needle me.

    >Stuck up pricks!

    We should end this discussion. It will never be a mainline thread.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 5, 2010
  8. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:25:53 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2010-07-05 13:14:29 -0700, tony cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:34:14 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> Stuck up pricks!

    >> We should end this discussion. It will never be a mainline thread.

    >Consider the wound stitched up.

    You're just blowing smoke.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 5, 2010
  9. Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    On 2010-07-05, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2010-07-05 13:14:29 -0700, tony cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:34:14 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> Stuck up pricks!

    >> We should end this discussion. It will never be a mainline thread.

    > Consider the wound stitched up.

    Suture self.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
    Author: =======================

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Jul 5, 2010
  10. Robert Coe

    On Jul 5, 9:59 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
> [...]
    > that many of us rarely see, forcing us to omit or modify pictures that we were
    > actually using as wallpapers; and (2) Several people had weighed in with their
    > idiosyncratic opinions on what constituted a good (or even acceptable)
    > wallpaper, effectively narrowing the mandate and practically assuring that
    > some entries would be dismissed or ridiculed for not meeting those criteria.
    >
    > The Shoot-In's strength is its inclusiveness, and the point of a mandate
    > shouldn't be to exclude those who have trouble meeting it. Rather it should be
    > to challenge participants to take a broader view of their photographic
    > horizons and to use the mandate to see their work in a different light. I
    > think Bowser understands that and usually allows a broad interpretation of the
    > mandates he issues. I believe the only time I've ever seen him reject a

    I don't mean to be judgemental, but do you guys golf or fish? :)

    Since it is not any kind of real competition, I won't raise any more
    stink. But maybe people should indicate how closely they followed the
    rules when they submit.

    As for someone saying the pin would have put them in a bad
    neighborhood, hey at least there might have been something interesting
    to shoot there. Better than the housing development or empty field
    that I ended up with. But maybe I should just keep sticking more
    pins.

    otter, Jul 6, 2010
  11. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:37:52 -0700 (PDT), otter <>
    wrote:
    : I don't mean to be judgemental, but do you guys golf or fish? :)

    How would a serious photographer possibly have time to golf or fish? :^|

    : Since it is not any kind of real competition, I won't raise any more
    : stink. But maybe people should indicate how closely they followed the
    : rules when they submit.
    :
    : As for someone saying the pin would have put them in a bad
    : neighborhood, hey at least there might have been something interesting
    : to shoot there. Better than the housing development or empty field
    : that I ended up with. But maybe I should just keep sticking more
    : pins.

    In the empty field, get out your macro lens and shoot weeds. No, I'm serious.
    The Boston Globe did an article a few weeks ago on how biologists are starting
    to take an entirely different view of weeds, even some previously considered
    invasive, seeing them now as useful contributors to the ecology of a city.
    This may be your chance to be in the forefront of a new trend! ;^)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jul 6, 2010
  12. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    <> wrote:

> [...]
    >> some entries would be dismissed or ridiculed for not meeting those criteria.
    >>
    >> The Shoot-In's strength is its inclusiveness, and the point of a mandate
    >> shouldn't be to exclude those who have trouble meeting it. Rather it should be
    >> to challenge participants to take a broader view of their photographic
    >> horizons and to use the mandate to see their work in a different light. I
    >> think Bowser understands that and usually allows a broad interpretation of the
    >> mandates he issues. I believe the only time I've ever seen him reject a
    >> picture was when it was too big.
    >>
    >> Bob

    >I don't mean to be judgemental, but do you guys golf or fish? :)
    >
    >Since it is not any kind of real competition, I won't raise any more
    >stink. But maybe people should indicate how closely they followed the

    If you follow the comments after the Shoot-In is made available, many
    people provide information about how they got the shot.

    >As for someone saying the pin would have put them in a bad
    >neighborhood, hey at least there might have been something interesting
    >to shoot there. Better than the housing development or empty field
    >that I ended up with. But maybe I should just keep sticking more
    >pins.

    I made that comment. Most of what I shoot is candid "street"
    photography. I do a lot of shooting in not-so-nice neighborhoods.

    However, there are neighborhoods where I'm not welcome. I know these
    neighborhoods, and I know when not to be intrusive and when not to go
    into an area where there might be trouble. I can get away with taking
    candids in some situations, but it's not a good thing to walk into a
    project and start snapping photos. The more people around, the more
    likely it is that someone will object. When one person objects, the
    crowd follows.

    This was taken not far from the pin, but in an area not so crowded. I
    took prints of this picture to the two players a few days later, and
    several other people wanted their photo taken. I'm now welcome in
    this area.

    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Sports/sports/Sports-Checkers-TonyCooper/717655592_edxmV-XL.jpg

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 6, 2010
  13. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:42:51 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:37:52 -0700 (PDT), otter <>
    >wrote:
    >: I don't mean to be judgemental, but do you guys golf or fish? :)
    >
    >How would a serious photographer possibly have time to golf or fish? :^|

    I live on a golf course and my house faces a tee box. I've never
    photographed a golfer even though I could sit in my front yard and do
    it all day. Too easy.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 6, 2010
  14. Robert Coe

    On Jul 5, 8:42 pm, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:37:52 -0700 (PDT), otter <>
    > wrote:
    > : I don't mean to be judgemental, but do you guys golf or fish?  :)
    >
    > How would a serious photographer possibly have time to golf or fish?  :^|
    >
    > : Since it is not any kind of real competition, I won't raise any more
    > : stink.  But maybe people should indicate how closely they followed the
    > : rules when they submit.
    > :
    > : As for someone saying the pin would have put them in a bad
    > : neighborhood, hey at least there might have been something interesting
    > : to shoot there.  Better than the housing development or empty field
    > : that I ended up with.  But maybe I should just keep sticking more
    > : pins.
    >
    > In the empty field, get out your macro lens and shoot weeds. No, I'm serious.
    > The Boston Globe did an article a few weeks ago on how biologists are starting
    > to take an entirely different view of weeds, even some previously considered
    > invasive, seeing them now as useful contributors to the ecology of a city..
    > This may be your chance to be in the forefront of a new trend!  ;^)

    The empty lot does have the most potential. I don't have a macro
    lens, but maybe I'll take one of my dogs out there and photograph it.

    otter, Jul 6, 2010
  15. Robert Coe

    On Jul 5, 9:09 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
> [...]

    > >pins.

    > I made that comment.  Most of what I shoot is candid "street"
    > photography.  I do a lot of shooting in not-so-nice neighborhoods.
    >
    > However, there are neighborhoods where I'm not welcome.  I know these
    > neighborhoods, and I know when not to be intrusive and when not to go
    > into an area where there might be trouble.  I can get away with taking
    > candids in some situations, but it's not a good thing to walk into a
    > project and start snapping photos.  The more people around, the more
    > likely it is that someone will object.  When one person objects, the
    > crowd follows.
    >
    > This was taken not far from the pin, but in an area not so crowded.  I
    > took prints of this picture to the two players a few days later, and
    > several other people wanted their photo taken.  I'm now welcome in

    That's an interesting picture. I like it, even though it looks
    surreal.

    otter, Jul 6, 2010
  16. Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    In rec.photo.digital otter <> wrote:

    > Those are points of "interest", not random points. I think the point
    > of the mandate is to try to take interesting pictures at uninteresting
    > (random) locations.

    If the locations are truly random then some of them will be
    interesting by lucky accident. Which would seem to be unfair to
    unlucky photographers.

    --
    Chris Malcolm
    Warning: none of the above is indisputable fact.

    Chris Malcolm, Jul 6, 2010
  17. Robert Coe

    On Jul 6, 12:46 am, Chris Malcolm <> wrote:
    > In rec.photo.digital otter <> wrote:
    >
    > > Those are points of "interest", not random points.  I think the point
    > > of the mandate is to try to take interesting pictures at uninteresting
    > > (random) locations.

    > If the locations are truly random then some of them will be
    > interesting by lucky accident. Which would seem to be unfair to
    > unlucky photographers.

    So, anything goes?

    I have some interesting pictures (at least I think so) that I took
    over the weekend that were within 10 miles of my pin holes. Can I use
    those?

    otter, Jul 6, 2010
  18. Robert Coe

    NGBarfart Guest

    Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    In article <>,
    RichB <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 22:09:37 -0400, tony cooper
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:37:52 -0700 (PDT), otter
    > ><> wrote:

    > >>I don't mean to be judgemental, but do you guys golf or fish? :)
    > >>
    > >>Since it is not any kind of real competition, I won't raise any more
    > >>stink. But maybe people should indicate how closely they followed the
    > >>rules when they submit.

    > >If you follow the comments after the Shoot-In is made available, many
    > >people provide information about how they got the shot.
    > >>
    > >>As for someone saying the pin would have put them in a bad
    > >>neighborhood, hey at least there might have been something interesting
    > >>to shoot there. Better than the housing development or empty field
    > >>that I ended up with. But maybe I should just keep sticking more
    > >>pins.

    > >I made that comment. Most of what I shoot is candid "street"
    > >photography. I do a lot of shooting in not-so-nice neighborhoods.
    > >
    > >However, there are neighborhoods where I'm not welcome. I know these
    > >neighborhoods, and I know when not to be intrusive and when not to go
    > >into an area where there might be trouble. I can get away with taking
    > >candids in some situations, but it's not a good thing to walk into a
    > >project and start snapping photos. The more people around, the more
    > >likely it is that someone will object. When one person objects, the
    > >crowd follows.
    > >
    > >This was taken not far from the pin, but in an area not so crowded. I
    > >took prints of this picture to the two players a few days later, and
    > >several other people wanted their photo taken. I'm now welcome in
    > >this area.
    > >
    > >http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Sports/sports/Sports-Checkers-TonyCooper/717655
    > >592_edxmV-XL.jpg

    > Had your DSLR in P&S mode did you? I don't see one photo there that
    > couldn't be taken with a superzoom P&S camera just as well with the same or
    > better image quality and with far less hassle.
    >
    > What a waste of money in the wrong hands.

    There you are! You had to pull that old "RichB" sock out of the drawer,
    some of those you were using over the weekend must be a little moth
    eaten. We haven't seen that one for a while.

    So are you going to be letting us view a few of your thumbnail
    masterpieces soon, or are you going to continue to use other peoples'
    shots which suit your purpose?

    You are a pathetic POS? No, no, no, not pathetic, just a POS.

    --
    Just another troll tracker

    NGBarfart, Jul 6, 2010
  19. Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    In article <>,
    RichB <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 00:47:58 -0700, NGBarfart <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > <crickets chirping>
    >
    > Hmm.... I could have sworn I heard the piggy squeals of a basement-life
    > pretend-photographer roll-playing troll that has never posted even one
    > photo to any newsgroup ....
    >
    > I guess not. Must have been my imagination. Oh well ....

    So you have some porcine company along with those moths.

    Your aren't the only one who can play the nymshift game, so you have no
    idea for what I have, or have not posted.

    I am just going to play you for all you are worth, and that isn't much.
    --
    Just another troll hunter.

    MothboyHunter, Jul 6, 2010
  20. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: New Mandates! Get 'em while they're hot!

    On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 23:47:13 -0700 (PDT), otter
    <> wrote:

    >On Jul 6, 12:46 am, Chris Malcolm <> wrote:
    >> In rec.photo.digital otter <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Those are points of "interest", not random points.  I think the point
    >> > of the mandate is to try to take interesting pictures at uninteresting
    >> > (random) locations.

    >> If the locations are truly random then some of them will be
    >> interesting by lucky accident. Which would seem to be unfair to
    >> unlucky photographers.

    >So, anything goes?
    >
    >I have some interesting pictures (at least I think so) that I took
    >over the weekend that were within 10 miles of my pin holes. Can I use
    >those?

    It's OK with me. If you are comfortable with it, then I'm not going
    to object. A ten mile radius is perfectly acceptable to me if it
    takes a ten mile radius for you to find an interesting subject.

    What you have to decide is not what the "official" radius of the zone
    is, but how challenged you want to be.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 6, 2010