Re: [SI] New mandate needed

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Mar 23, 2012.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:31:59 -0400, Bowser <> wrote:
    : On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:02:56 -0400, Alan Browne
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >
    : >ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
    :
    : Taxis
    : On the Road
    : Album Cover
    : Man's man

    Taxis?? Where in our area are there any interesting taxis?

    Occasionally one sees a slightly interesting bus. But one hardly ever has a
    camera in one's hand on such an occasion.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Mar 23, 2012
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. > : >ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.

    Rain.
    David J Taylor, Mar 23, 2012
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:19:30 -0400, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:
    : On 2012-03-23 14:48 , Robert Coe wrote:
    : > On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:31:59 -0400, Bowser<> wrote:
    : > : On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:02:56 -0400, Alan Browne
    : > :<> wrote:
    : > :
    : > :>
    : > :>ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
    : > :
    : > : Taxis
    : > : On the Road
    : > : Album Cover
    : > : Man's man
    : >
    : > Taxis?? Where in our area are there any interesting taxis?
    : >
    : > Occasionally one sees a slightly interesting bus. But one hardly ever has
    : > a camera in one's hand on such an occasion.
    :
    : Instead of harping on his suggestions, what are yours?

    Alan, if I've said something to offend you, I apologize. I really don't know
    what it was, but this was only one of several snide or hostile comments you've
    directed at me recently.

    As for my response to Bowser, he and I live in the same metropolitan area,
    where the taxis are as boring as they are anywhere. (A few years ago, the
    mayor of Boston made a campaign promise to demand that all taxis in the city
    be the same color - white.) I'm confident that Bowser recognizes this and took
    my attempt at humor in the spirit in which it was intended.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Mar 24, 2012
    #3
  4. Robert Coe

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 10:32:38 -0400, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:

    >On 2012-03-23 23:14 , Robert Coe wrote:
    >> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:19:30 -0400, Alan Browne
    >> <> wrote:
    >> : On 2012-03-23 14:48 , Robert Coe wrote:
    >> :> On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:31:59 -0400, Bowser<> wrote:
    >> :> : On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:02:56 -0400, Alan Browne
    >> :> :<> wrote:
    >> :> :
    >> :> :>
    >> :> :>ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
    >> :> :
    >> :> : Taxis
    >> :> : On the Road
    >> :> : Album Cover
    >> :> : Man's man
    >> :>
    >> :> Taxis?? Where in our area are there any interesting taxis?
    >> :>
    >> :> Occasionally one sees a slightly interesting bus. But one hardly ever has
    >> :> a camera in one's hand on such an occasion.
    >> :
    >> : Instead of harping on his suggestions, what are yours?
    >>
    >> Alan, if I've said something to offend you, I apologize. I really don't know
    >> what it was, but this was only one of several snide or hostile comments you've
    >> directed at me recently.

    >
    >
    >I asked for mandate suggestions.
    >
    >Not only did you not offer any, you criticize what someone else offered.
    >
    >So, no need to apologize, there is a need to suggest mandates.
    >
    >>
    >> As for my response to Bowser, he and I live in the same metropolitan area,
    >> where the taxis are as boring as they are anywhere. (A few years ago, the
    >> mayor of Boston made a campaign promise to demand that all taxis in the city
    >> be the same color - white.) I'm confident that Bowser recognizes this and took
    >> my attempt at humor in the spirit in which it was intended.

    >
    >I really don't care.
    >
    >I'm trying to get ideas for a mandate. What do I get?
    >
    >1. Molon taking this off to some cockamamie discussion about newsgroups.
    >2. Eric and others displaying their complete lack of understanding of
    >image sizing and prep of an image for web display.
    >3. Few of the participants proposing an idea for mandates.
    >
    >Really.
    >
    >I bear no hostility yo you or anyone, but for Christ's sake it would be
    >nice if people would answer the call.


    I'll throw another in the pot: Opposites...an image that contains
    something that is the opposite of another part of the image.

    Or, Pairs...an image that contains two things that are alike in some
    aspect, but not duplicates.

    Or, Play...we've done Work, so we could follow that up with play.

    Or, Sound...something that visually says it makes noise.





    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Mar 24, 2012
    #4
  5. Robert Coe

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/23/2012 2:48 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:31:59 -0400, Bowser<> wrote:
    > : On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:02:56 -0400, Alan Browne
    > :<> wrote:
    > :
    > :>
    > :>ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
    > :
    > : Taxis
    > : On the Road
    > : Album Cover
    > : Man's man
    >
    > Taxis?? Where in our area are there any interesting taxis?
    >
    > Occasionally one sees a slightly interesting bus. But one hardly ever has a
    > camera in one's hand on such an occasion.
    >
    > Bob


    We have pedicabs in NY, some of which have very interesting looking
    "drivers."

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Mar 24, 2012
    #5
  6. On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 10:38:09 -0400, tony cooper wrote:

    > I'll throw another in the pot: Opposites...an image that contains
    > something that is the opposite of another part of the image.
    >
    > Or, Pairs...an image that contains two things that are alike in some
    > aspect, but not duplicates.
    >
    > Or, Play...we've done Work, so we could follow that up with play.
    >
    > Or, Sound...something that visually says it makes noise.


    nice

    Extending pairs to general repetitions, echoes and series.

    Art and Science.

    Art vs Science.

    Black and white photographs of dogs (I have many of these ;-)

    Constructed beauty. (something man-made or technological, rather than
    naturally occurring.)


    Cheers,

    --
    Andrew
    Andrew Reilly, Mar 24, 2012
    #6
  7. Robert Coe

    Bruce Guest

    Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >Alan, if I've said something to offend you, I apologize. I really don't know
    >what it was, but this was only one of several snide or hostile comments you've
    >directed at me recently.



    Join the club. ;-)
    Bruce, Mar 25, 2012
    #7
  8. Robert Coe

    Noons Guest

    Re: New mandate needed

    On Mar 26, 5:06 am, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:
    > On 2012-03-25 13:59 , Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Robert Coe<>  wrote:
    > >> Alan, if I've said something to offend you, I apologize. I really don't know
    > >> what it was, but this was only one of several snide or hostile comments you've
    > >> directed at me recently.

    >
    > > Join the club.  ;-)

    >
    > Says the king of snide, hostile pomposity!


    qed...
    Noons, Mar 26, 2012
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Robert Spanjaard

    Re: [SI] Mandate reminder/update & new mandate!

    Robert Spanjaard, Apr 16, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    320
    tony cooper
    Apr 26, 2010
  2. Robert Coe

    Re: [SI] Mandate reminder/update & new mandate!

    Robert Coe, Apr 17, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    504
    Paul Furman
    Apr 24, 2010
  3. Annika1980

    Re: Mandate reminder/update & new mandate!

    Annika1980, Apr 17, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    334
    Eric Stevens
    Apr 17, 2010
  4. PeterN

    Re: [SI] New mandate needed

    PeterN, Mar 20, 2012, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    242
    RichA
    Mar 20, 2012
  5. tony cooper

    Re: [SI] New mandate needed

    tony cooper, Mar 20, 2012, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    270
    Pete A
    Mar 21, 2012
Loading...

Share This Page